Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Would you have a cleaning lady come during these times? (Cov

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 11:56 am
Would you have a cleaning lady come to your house now, if you were at increased risk due to age or health? We are socially distancing since March, but I need help with cleaning the house. We don't regularly have a cleaning lady, but I usually get before yuntif.

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:02 pm
I would have someone if they wear a mask and you stay out her personal space. Even better, I would probably prefer not to be home at all if I could help it.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 12:06 pm
My cleaning lady wears a mask and we give her her space.

LovesHashem

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 1:02 pm
Preferably not. I would have someone for necessary heavy cleaning. We had something cleaned quite recently. But not for day to day someone who will be all around the house touching loads of things.

renslet

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 7:03 pm
If it's something one off, is there a way to leave a list of jobs and be out of the house when she comes. Or in a different room.
I was in my first trimester erev pesach and was terrified but I got someone for three days and I stayed as far away as I could

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Sep 02 2020, 7:08 pm
I have a friend who is quite high risk but she really needs the help.

Here is what she does:

The lady comes and goes straight to the bathroom where she changes her clothes to an outfit she leaves at their house, in the washing machine running before she leaves. My friend dries and folds it and returns it to the bathroom for her. She also has a pair of shoes only worn in my friend's house, left there with the outfit. So she washes her hands well, changes into the outfit, masks up (fresh disposable) and gloves up.

Nothing is 100% guaranteed but I think this is pretty close.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry