Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Monsey school
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:28 pm
amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
My friend took her girls out of BDY and registered to Munkatch. She went to Munkatch orientation with the girls and was shocked at the tzenuis standards of some Munkatch mothers. She put her girls back in BDY! BDY is more strict regarding Tzenuis.

Can you tell me more specifically what you mean?

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:31 pm
amother [ Amethyst ] wrote:
Can you tell me more specifically what you mean?

She was shocked at how modern some mothers and girls are. She understood when she registered her girls that they'll be very strict with tzenuis.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 9:50 am
to me it seems to be the same parent body as bdy.

amother
Lavender

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:02 am
And BDY took her back just like that, even after she pulled her girls out to go to the new competition?

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:13 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
And BDY took her back just like that, even after she pulled her girls out to go to the new competition?

I’m sure they felt very good about it.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:14 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:

They were back with one phone call literally.

Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:06 am
ShishKabob wrote:
I also think it's great to have a neutral school. Lets wait and see. In any event competition is always better for the consumer.

In the case of Chassidish schools, competition is always worse for the consumer. All the ridiculous new rules and tightening of standards is the result of competition, and in the end everybody loses out.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:08 am
Fuchsia wrote:
In the case of Chassidish schools, competition is always worse for the consumer. All the ridiculous new rules and tightening of standards is the result of competition, and in the end everybody loses out.
To me it seems that they basically have all the same rules with very little variation between them. What am I missing?

Last edited by ShishKabob on Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:09 am
Fuchsia wrote:

This 100%. There's a real need for some neutral chassidish schools with laxer rules.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:12 am
ShishKabob wrote:
To me it seems that they basically have all the same rules with very little variety between them. What am I missing?

Some schools are stricter than others. My kids school is not strict with tights and shoe colors, hair length, rolled up sleeves, open top button, hooded dresses and printed tights for pre school, pre nursery can wear shorts.... there's a range even within the strict schools.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:12 am
This 100%. There's a real need for some neutral chassidish schools with laxer rules.

That’s where the new munkatch comes in. It’s still pretty small they can accept many more next year.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:13 am
Some schools are stricter than others. My kids school is not strict with tights and shoe colors, hair length, rolled up sleeves, open top button, hooded dresses and printed tights for pre school, pre nursery can wear shorts.... there's a range even within the strict schools.

Which school? I’m not aware of any monsey chassidish school being this lenient.

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:15 am
I thought Vien would be neutral but they ended up going to the right just like the others. Well well

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:18 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
Which school? I’m not aware of any monsey chassidish school being this lenient.

Sanz.

amother
Cerise

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:20 am
Sanz.

You’re right I forgot about them. I think the only school that didn’t go crazy with all the rigid rules. We need more such schools. Munkatch and bdy are not the same style parent body.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:29 am
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
You’re right I forgot about them. I think the only school that didn’t go crazy with all the rigid rules. We need more such schools. Munkatch and bdy are not the same style parent body.

They're strict with other rules regarding what type of home the kids come from. If they're strict with that, they automatically don't need such crazy tzenuis rules. Very nice parent body bh.

thankuhashem

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 12:39 pm

Munkatch allows nursery and kindergarten socks and short sleeves. Im ok with that but its first chasidish school who allows kindergarten short sleeves...

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 12:43 pm
thankuhashem wrote:
Munkatch allows nursery and kindergarten socks and short sleeves. Im ok with that but its first chasidish school who allows kindergarten short sleeves...

Are you sure about the short sleeves? I heard the rule is knee socks. If they allow socks in nursery and kindergarten, the parent body is automatically more modern than BDY.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 12:52 pm
I find most new schools are more lenient their first year of opening, they need to fill up.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 6:49 pm
Are you sure about the short sleeves? I heard the rule is knee socks. If they allow socks in nursery and kindergarten, the parent body is automatically more modern than BDY.

A lot of the Chassidish schools in Boro park allow socks in kindergarten. Many chassiduses allow till age 6.
Page 2 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children