Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Parve kishka recipe

advocate

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 6:32 am
That is like the store bought?

Thanks!

Good Shabbos!

egam

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 6:34 am
I don’t know anything about store bought kishkas, but one from the purple cookbook is very good.

Tries2BGoodMom

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 7:17 am
egam wrote:
I don’t know anything about store bought kishkas, but one from the purple cookbook is very good.
. Yes I make the cholent kugel recipe from that Spice and Spirit cookbook. I triple the recipe and freeze the kishka. I usually get about 6 rolls and it freezes nicely.

Tzippy323

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 7:23 am
I make a delicious kishka that can be put into the cholent or served as a sliced kishka roll. To save time and energy, you will need 1 bag of baby carrots. Put them in the food processor along with 3 large stalks of celery and one big onion. Grind it to mush. Dump into a bowl and add 1 cup of oil and 3 cups of flour. Put in 3 tablespoons of paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Mix it well using your hands. You may need to add a little more flour, it depends on how wet your vegetables are. Form into balls for the cholent, or logs for baking and slicing. It freezes well too.

banana123

Post Fri, Sep 04 2020, 7:54 am
Tzippy323 wrote:
I make a delicious kishka that can be put into the cholent or served as a sliced kishka roll. To save time and energy, you will need 1 bag of baby carrots. Put them in the food processor along with 3 large stalks of celery and one big onion. Grind it to mush. Dump into a bowl and add 1 cup of oil and 3 cups of flour. Put in 3 tablespoons of paprika, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Mix it well using your hands. You may need to add a little more flour, it depends on how wet your vegetables are. Form into balls for the cholent, or logs for baking and slicing. It freezes well too.

We use regular carrots but I think the recipe is the same. Smile Though it calls for less paprika, so I'm guessing you added to it.

It comes out really good. Yum!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes