Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Where can I find

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 06 2020, 11:48 am
first question I noticed many times when somone has an issue with a child here on imamother a book is usually recomended. Can following a book help change and discipline a child. secondly. I am an Ok mom we have rules that get followed my kids follow rules. but certain rules I dont enforce because I know one of my older children have trouble following. or I make stricter rules because of this child. example only taking out 1 activity at a time because this child gets overwhelmed with more. the
The house runs smooth this way but is it fair to the younger siblings. sometimes I feel if not for this child life would be so diffrent. what books can be recomended. I need a book on how to treat kids individualy without hurting an older child feeling and making them feel we believe in them,t rust them. not think they are a baby even with a stricter rule for them in place. all while working on the weakness. secondly we are located in lakewood any free parenting library or free (or very very cheap,)parenting class ages 7-10.

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 7:32 am
You need two books, and it's worth buying them.

"Parenting Kids with Love and Logic" and "Parenting Teens with Love and Logic".

These books completely revolutionized my relationship with my strong willed DD. She loved the new way I approached things, and she loved that she got to be an equal partner in problem solving. Within a week we were on a whole new level of closeness and cooperation.

I've read tons of parenting books, and it I could only own two, these would be the ones.

LiLIsraeli

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 7:52 am
Mrs. Greenwald has a free library for parenting books. She lives on 4th Street and should be in the phone book.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics