Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
DS3 went to school so sad

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 9:48 am
And it’s breaking my heart. His face was so sad I literally started crying for him.

He misses his Morah from the summer. His new morah spoke to him and hugged him. She seems very caring and patient bH bit his face was a picture of sadness.

How can I make it easier for him?

He never got to say goodbye to his summer morah. She was on vacation for a week and then we went away. We have to go pick up something from summer morah that we left. I’m wondering if that would help- give him closure- or make things worse. What do you experienced mommies think?

How can I make his adjustment easier? When I try to talk to him he refused to talk.

imanonymous

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 9:52 am
No advice but Hug Hug Hug Hug Hug Heart Heart Heart

amother
Plum

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 9:56 am
I realize you want to do everything you can immediately, but he's 3. He'll go to school a few days, love the morahs and the toys, and he'll be happy again. I'm not sure there's much you could do to make this all better by tomorrow.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 10:03 am
I get you. I really do. I just send of my beautiful 4 year old youngest "miracle" baby and my neighbors couldn't understand why I had tears in my eyes. I am very attached to my baby!

On yhe flip side, little ones adjust so quickly to new situation. I bet your little one comes home home with a big smile!

Hugs from a mommy who understands.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 10:31 am
He loves school that isnt the problem. He’s been going since he was a year. It’s the fact he has a very hard time adjusting to a new teacher and friends.

I asked my mom and she said not to bring him to say goodbye to his old morah but I’m still not so sure.

What do you think?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 10:32 am
I also dont have a hard time leaving him. I need those quiet times trust me. I have a hard time leaving him unhappy. I’m sitting the car crying don’t know what wrong with me...

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 10:51 am
I think it’s very normal for a child to feel uncertain the first day in a new place. My 3 year old went in very serious and quiet and when I picked her up she was all smiles and had an amazing day. Hopefully you’ll find the same when you pick him up Hug

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 11:42 am
Had that on my son’s first day of daycamp. My heart was breaking. He came home happy and loved every minute of it. He’s okay. It’s just an adjustment for both of you.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 12:06 pm
Ask mora

amother
Gold

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 12:10 pm
I wouldnt bring him to his summer morah. You will just confuse him and make his new adjustment harder. Don't project your anxiety on to him or he will get nervous. Iyh within a couple of days he will be well adjusted and run off happily.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 12:25 pm
It’s his second day so by now he knows there’s a new morah. The first day he didn’t get it and that’s why he went happier.

The problem is that my son isn’t like that. It doesn’t take days and finished... From past experiences he has a really hard time adjusting. Can take as long as through Chanukah I’m not kidding. He’s going to ask for his old morah almost every day.

Anyone has a child like this?

Rappel

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 12:41 pm
SuperWify wrote:
It’s his second day so by now he knows there’s a new morah. The first day he didn’t get it and that’s why he went happier.

The problem is that my son isn’t like that. It doesn’t take days and finished... From past experiences he has a really hard time adjusting. Can take as long as through Chanukah I’m not kidding. He’s going to ask for his old morah almost every day.

Anyone has a child like this?

Me!

He's 4 now, and I've been telling him since the end of last year that he will have a new morah this year. At first, he insisted that he would be sick every day and not go to gan. Over the summer, we visited his old morah several times (she lives in the yishuv), and he got used to the idea of her being around, not in a teaching capacity.

But then they opened up the new gan complex, and put his old morah in the classroom right next to his. He came home the first day in a state of beatitude, and I thought "Great! He transitioned!"

Uh uh.

Ever since then, he's insisted that Efrat is still his Morah. Yesterday, he told me that he ran out of his classroom repeatedly to go to hers. We were colouring in the afternoon yesterday, and when I asked what he was drawing, he told me "Efrat!," and then proceeded to draw all around her "beautiful trees and flowers."

This morning, I let him play in the garden while I was getting ready to take the kids to gan, and then he disappeared. I was frantic when I couldn't find him - he wasn't at the neighbors, wasn't anywhere expected - when Efrat calls me to ask if I wanted her to take him to gan, could I please just get his bag ready? Turns out he had walked all the way over to her house, and told her that imma gave him permission to go play with her at 7 am.

That was a moment in history. TMI

Then this afternoon, he asked proper permission to go visit Efrat. I messaged her, but she never responded, and he spent the late afternoon crying and mourning on the couch.

His loyalty is a great trait, but what do I do with this kid???? He's as broken hearted as if his first love had betrayed him.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 12:52 pm
Rappel wrote:
Me!

He's 4 now, and I've been telling him since the end of last year that he will have a new morah this year. At first, he insisted that he would be sick every day and not go to gan. Over the summer, we visited his old morah several times (she lives in the yishuv), and he got used to the idea of her being around, not in a teaching capacity.

But then they opened up the new gan complex, and put his old morah in the classroom right next to his. He came home the first day in a state of beatitude, and I thought "Great! He transitioned!"

Uh uh.

Ever since then, he's insisted that Efrat is still his Morah. Yesterday, he told me that he ran out of his classroom repeatedly to go to hers. We were colouring in the afternoon yesterday, and when I asked what he was drawing, he told me "Efrat!," and then proceeded to draw all around her "beautiful trees and flowers."

This morning, I let him play in the garden while I was getting ready to take the kids to gan, and then he disappeared. I was frantic when I couldn't find him - he wasn't at the neighbors, wasn't anywhere expected - when Efrat calls me to ask if I wanted her to take him to gan, could I please just get his bag ready? Turns out he had walked all the way over to her house, and told her that imma gave him permission to go play with her at 7 am.

That was a moment in history. TMI

Then this afternoon, he asked proper permission to go visit Efrat. I messaged her, but she never responded, and he spent the late afternoon crying and mourning on the couch.

His loyalty is a great trait, but what do I do with this kid???? He's as broken hearted as if his first love had betrayed him.

Thanks for taking the time to post this.

This is my child. Loyal to death.

If you have any good suggestions to help him transition please help me out!

Do you think taking him to see his old morah is a good idea?

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 1:03 pm
I don’t know, but o think maybe it would be good to bring him to the summer Morah as long as you make it clear in advance that you’re going to say goodbye.
But I’m not an expert

Rappel

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 1:06 pm
SuperWify wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to post this.

This is my child. Loyal to death.

If you have any good suggestions to help him transition please help me out!

Do you think taking him to see his old morah is a good idea?

That depends. Do you live within walking distance of her house? Wink

I do think it helped DS to see/meet his Morah outside school, so she didn't just disappear from his life. It gave him a new context for her existence: as Immas friend, not just as his teacher.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics