Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift to employees
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Periwinkle

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 6:24 pm
Or make a swag bag. They'll feel so special. Add the gift card inside it and add a few more goodies too. Google for corporate goody bags or corporate swag bag ideas.
https://www.peerspace.com/reso.....deas/

Truly Blessed

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:25 pm
I am responsible for arranging the gifts at my company and I find that a gift card is appreciated in the short term - they’ll use it to buy something they were gonna get anyway etc.
An actual item is appreciated in the long term - whenever they use it or get compliments on it, they refer back to the company they got it from.

$150 is a great budget to work with and if you pay full price rather than wholesale, most stores will allow you to exchange.

I’d probably do something that presents nicely from a giftware shop like set your table.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:34 pm
I used to work for a company that had a very diverse workforce. We used to get gifts about once a year or so. Once we got really pretty engraved wooden boards, can be used as a cheese board or a challah board. It had the first letter of our last name on it. It was wrapped with a small pack of specialty jerky, specialty olives, and one more shelf item which I can't recall.
We once got vases wrapped with a wine inside. We once got glass pitchers with two matching martini glasses but people didn't like that as much.

We also used to have once in a while dinners where everyone got a few tickets to put into raffles, the prizes would vary from a designer purse, an Amazon gift card, a week paid vacation, a gift certificate to a high end steakhouse, and an expensive bottle of whiskey. Although not everyone would appreciate each prize, people would enter the raffle/raffles that most interested them.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:56 pm
I highly recommend the gift card to Amazon or Visa gift card so people can buy what they need/want. You can buy a small box of chocolate or some other small item to go along with it.
I have gotten actual gifts in the past from my company and I really didn't appreciate them as I would have rather gotten an extra bonus or gift card to help pay my bills. Everyone can use extra money now to help out as most people are struggling. I typically sell all the fancy useless gifts I get on Ebay so I can pay for things I really need. I do appreciate the fact that they give us gifts it's just not things I need or can use and I really need the money instead to live.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 11:16 pm
I would do AirPods from Amazon, exchangeable.

Shadow

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 11:31 pm
Jo Malone diffuser
$100

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:08 am
Shadow wrote:
Jo Malone diffuser
$100

What in the world is that. Pretty sure I wouldn't want it.

I worked in the corporate world for many years. I have a whole collection of ceramic and travel mugs and t shirts from various companies. Whenever we received something of substantial value, it was usually something I didnt want or need. When I moved to Israel I was so happy to see that we were given a choice and most people choose the gift card. There are cards here that can be used in supermarkets as well as clothing stores and other mall stores, so you can use it for RH food or treat yourself to something else. Now that I am in management and choose the gifts, that is what I always go for. The people I manage are different genders and totally different stages of life. Theres no way I could get something that appeals to everyone.

In America I would get an Amazon card. Everyone is happy with that.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:21 am
Shadow wrote:
Jo Malone diffuser
$100

Lots of people have allergies or are sensitive to scents. So I'd skip the diffuser.
A nice fruit basket with a gift card or even cash, is something everyone can use and will be happy to receive.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:43 am
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I used to work for a company that had a very diverse workforce. We used to get gifts about once a year or so. Once we got really pretty engraved wooden boards, can be used as a cheese board or a challah board. It had the first letter of our last name on it. It was wrapped with a small pack of specialty jerky, specialty olives, and one more shelf item which I can't recall.
We once got vases wrapped with a wine inside. We once got glass pitchers with two matching martini glasses but people didn't like that as much.

We also used to have once in a while dinners where everyone got a few tickets to put into raffles, the prizes would vary from a designer purse, an Amazon gift card, a week paid vacation, a gift certificate to a high end steakhouse, and an expensive bottle of whiskey. Although not everyone would appreciate each prize, people would enter the raffle/raffles that most interested them.

Were these kosher establishments?
My "best" (sarcastic) gifts include a gift certificate to Panera, non-kosher wine, and a high-end (non-returnable) crystal tree ornament.

amother
Cobalt

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:59 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Were these kosher establishments?
My "best" (sarcastic) gifts include a gift certificate to Panera, non-kosher wine, and a high-end (non-returnable) crystal tree ornament.

I bet your mail person was delighted with the regifting 😁
Did management not know you were Jewish? The ornament is particularly offensive. I always worked with people of all religions and ethnicities so thankfully never received such specific gifts.
But even if the whole office is Jewish, not everyone wants a new challah board or mezuza.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 1:20 am
I never understand these threads. I've seen them pop up for gifts to teachers, rebbeim etc.
Amazon gift card or visa gift card. Why would anyone want anything else? Mugs, diffusers, cheese board etc... If I dont have it already, I dont need it. At least with a gift card I can get something I really want.

Why would I get something expensive for someone and I dont know if it'll sit on their shelves collecting dust or in the garbage?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:33 am
cheese board?? no

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 1:17 pm
From experience I found food/ dessert gift really well received. Especially for Yom tov and they can share with friends and family, set it out on the table etc . I used Zest Bakeshop and I was super happy with what I got and I got such great feedback!

Ruchel

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 1:26 pm
Make sure they'll eat this hechsehr like this chassidish cake I bought and they didn't want it. (since then I don't invite people with tons of chumros)

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 1:31 pm
amother [ Ginger ] wrote:
From experience I found food/ dessert gift really well received. Especially for Yom tov and they can share with friends and family, set it out on the table etc . I used Zest Bakeshop and I was super happy with what I got and I got such great feedback!

I have done these many many times. We have a fun office and gift ppl.often along with lots of team trips and fun. We decided on a gift card to a local gift shop that sells jewelry, vases, challah covers, linen etc.

watergirl

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 1:52 pm
Your employees will never be fully honest with you. They want and need money. A team trip may be fun but it is forced merriment. My office used to do a holiday party and then one day the boss woke up and realized it is just a night away from everyone's kids and we all just want and need money. $100 in a card. The end.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 1:57 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
I bet your mail person was delighted with the regifting 😁
Did management not know you were Jewish? The ornament is particularly offensive. I always worked with people of all religions and ethnicities so thankfully never received such specific gifts.
But even if the whole office is Jewish, not everyone wants a new challah board or mezuza.

No, they know I am religious. They retitled the xmas party a holiday party, ordered me special wrapped meals and wishes me a Happy Hanukkah as they handed me the ornament. There were 3 varieties, they intentionally didn't give me the one with the x or the statue of Mary's son, and pointed that out. They try but miss the boat.
They told me that that know I keep kosher, but maybe they have some kosher food at Panera, they have a large and diverse menu.
The wine they must think is fine because they know meat with cheese and ham isn't kosher, but they have seen me drink orange juice and eat grapes.
I don't regift, my office mate who is Catholic is the beneficiary. I have to give it to her on the sly because I have a non-religious Jewish office mate who states that she isn't kosher and will happily take the wine/food, but lamented to me about the ornament,so I have to be careful.
Always fun.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 2:12 pm
watergirl wrote:
Your employees will never be fully honest with you. They want and need money. A team trip may be fun but it is forced merriment. My office used to do a holiday party and then one day the boss woke up and realized it is just a night away from everyone's kids and we all just want and need money. $100 in a card. The end.

The team trip may be forced merriment but the firm benefits from the team building it provides.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 2:14 pm
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
The team trip may be forced merriment but the firm benefits from the team building it provides.

Please do it during work hours. It is not fair to take away someone's Sunday/evening.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 2:16 pm
watergirl wrote:

I completely disagree. My office does lots of fun stuff and it is always appreciated and looked forward to. We are actually doing something with everyone's kids and that is what I need the gift for. (Kids are also getting a gift) out office is like a family bh and most ppl have been here for many years. They get bonuses as well...btw I am not the boss. I just handle certain aspects of the office.
We do fun trips/events and everyone really loves them
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics