Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
I need to just decide!
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 3:25 pm
I need to decide on a stroller.
I live in Brooklyn. I need a great walking stroller (bad pavements, slushy snow) but I dont want a beast.
I want it to parent face and also not cost a ton (I imagine bugaboo is beyond my paygrade).
Would the new uppababy Cruz be sufficient?

essgee

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 3:30 pm
how about the bugaboo bee?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:08 pm
essgee wrote:
how about the bugaboo bee?

A bee wouldnt last a day in NY snow.
Its more of a compact stroller not a full size walking stroller.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:13 pm
I have the older Cruz and I love it. It’s a good, functional stroller without being too big or heavy.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:30 pm
I don’t know how bad the snow gets by you but the Cruz wheels are pretty small.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 5:21 pm
If you need the big wheels, the issue is that most strollers might have big rear wheels, but often the front wheels are quite small.
I think the cybex priam might have slightly larger front wheels. Otherwise the only 2 I can think of that have parent facing as an option are the bugaboo buffalo or donkey. (you might be able to get them second hand if price is the issue)
If you can be okay with only forward facing, and not able to parent face, there are 'jogging strollers' that have large front and rear wheels. Look at the BOB range etc

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 5:32 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
If you need the big wheels, the issue is that most strollers might have big rear wheels, but often the front wheels are quite small.
I think the cybex priam might have slightly larger front wheels. Otherwise the only 2 I can think of that have parent facing as an option are the bugaboo buffalo or donkey. (you might be able to get them second hand if price is the issue)
If you can be okay with only forward facing, and not able to parent face, there are 'jogging strollers' that have large front and rear wheels. Look at the BOB range etc

I guess this is why I still havent decided. I cant afford the bugaboos but I still want to face my baby. The Vista is HUGE.

The new cruz has bigger wheels, but yes smaller ones in the front. 10" back and 7" front.

flowerpower

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 5:38 pm
I love my Cruz. After 3 years I just changed the back wheels.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 5:50 pm
flowerpower wrote:
I love my Cruz. After 3 years I just changed the back wheels.

How does it handle different terrain?

amother
Jetblack

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 6:25 pm
I had the 2016 Cruz until now, absolutely loved it. Put in plenty of miles with it.
Didn't want to get the 2019 because of the smaller wheels, but I'm going to be getting the 2020 soon iyh.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 6:41 pm
Ever thought of getting a stroller wagon?

The Familidoo is a single stroller wagon that the a baby can face both ways it could also be a pack & play and grow with your child.

I do not know any one who has it I am writing this so maybe you can think outside the box in what everyone has and find something that you will like.

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 6:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I need to decide on a stroller.
I live in Brooklyn. I need a great walking stroller (bad pavements, slushy snow) but I dont want a beast.
I want it to parent face and also not cost a ton (I imagine bugaboo is beyond my paygrade).
Would the new uppababy Cruz be sufficient?

Did you have the baby yet? I used a snap and go at first so I could get out there with a stroller and then really see what I actually needed.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 6:59 pm
amother [ Maroon ] wrote:
Did you have the baby yet? I used a snap and go at first so I could get out there with a stroller and then really see what I actually needed.

I did not have my baby yet. Iyh in the next few weeks.
This is not my first baby. Its not winter in NY now so it's hard to know.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:48 pm
No personal experience with it but the Cruz wheels look kind of small to me. I would go with a bugaboo or Vista second hand. Both of them hold up really well and you can get a lot more for your money if you buy off someone.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:52 pm
Not sure if you have the time, but it pays to go to a site like buy buy baby and check out the different options. I think I'm gonna go with the vista, but other similar options include the city select and maxi cosi. To me they all seemed pretty similar .

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:54 pm
I loved the. Cruz and was quite sad to upgrade to a Vista with 2 kids. Now that is a monster.
Buy it secondhand, OP. That's what I did. Actually I first bought the bugaboo used and quickly realized it's not for me. No harm done, resold it the same day and got the Cruz for like $200. Search Facebook and marketplace.

happymom423

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:08 pm
Go for the Nuna Mixx or Balios (it's great!). Big wheels, reversible seat.
Fold is one-piece but two step

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:17 pm
The Cybex Priam is still on sale for $390 on Albeebaby.
I got it on sale a few weeks ago and just started using it. For now I use it with a car seat. It wheels like a dream.
Similar to Bugaboo but the seat can recline flat and the fold is a lot easier and more compact.

SivanMom

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:22 pm
I love my nuna mixx.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:41 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
The Cybex Priam is still on sale for $390 on Albeebaby.
I got it on sale a few weeks ago and just started using it. For now I use it with a car seat. It wheels like a dream.
Similar to Bugaboo but the seat can recline flat and the fold is a lot easier and more compact.

Have you had a bugaboo that you are comparing it with?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics