Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Do you exercise REGULARLY (poll)?
1  2  Next

Do you exercise regularly (4-6x week) consistently?
Yes  
 32%  [ 73 ]
No  
 67%  [ 154 ]
Total Votes : 227

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 2:56 pm
I want to know how many people manage to exercise consistently on a regular basis. It is yes or no, sometimes means no since that isn't consistent.
I am just wondering how many others can juggle kids, work, and fit in time to exercise regularly. I am trying to be healthier and find that I have times in my life where I never miss a day and times that I never exercise. I am curious if most people have found a way to make it a regular lifelong habit that they do no matter what else is going on in their lives.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 3:08 pm
Yes, but sometimes it's only 3 times. Rarely is it less than 3 times.
If need be I'll do a 10 minute workout just to keep up the mormentum.

MiriFr

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 3:19 pm
Half hour a day. I make it a priority, so I’m able to find time for it. It’s also way easier for me because my kids are still little.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 3:30 pm
Absolutely! I must workout every day otherwise my mood goes crazy.
I work
I have 2 kids and a DH.
I have no cleaning help
I’m exhausted
But I wake up at 4am every morning and that is my ME time.
I make it a priority

Sometimes if I’m too tired To make it to the gym I’ll just go for a long 3 mile walk.

During the high Covid season I was very down and didn’t work out for almost 2 weeks, I got even more depressed, the moment I went back to lifting and my workouts my mood instantly changed!

yiddishmom

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 3:35 pm
For two years now I BH have been regularly working out. Let's hope it remains lifelong!

My4Jewels

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 3:37 pm
I did work out regularly pre covid ..with all the gyms being closed for 6 months I really lost my momentum ..trying to get it back.. But when I was going I did workout out 5 days a week sometimes 6. It was the best thing ever!!

ces

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:17 pm
It's been almost two years since I joined a gym. I now work out regularly 5-7x/wk. As others have said, my day isn't the same otherwise. I usually work out early morning, but if that doesn't happen for some reason I'll go to the gym at night instead.

geemum

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:20 pm
I train once a week, and did vietually thru covid. Have done so for 5 years or more now. In my eyes that's "consistent".

amother
Goldenrod

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 4:24 pm
I walk three to four miles daily.

amother
Slateblue

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:03 pm
I used to swim 3 times a week but since Covid hit I've been brisk walking half-hour every single day (approx 1.5 miles)

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:12 pm
My4Jewels wrote:
I did work out regularly pre covid ..with all the gyms being closed for 6 months I really lost my momentum ..trying to get it back.. But when I was going I did workout out 5 days a week sometimes 6. It was the best thing ever!!

Me too. 5-6 times a week. And then corona ruined it. I’m trying to get back into it now. It’s been twice a week a for the past month. Hopefully gonna go up to 3-4 times within the next few weeks.

My4Jewels

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:34 pm
mommy3b2c wrote:
Me too. 5-6 times a week. And then corona ruined it. I’m trying to get back into it now. It’s been twice a week a for the past month. Hopefully gonna go up to 3-4 times within the next few weeks.

Just so hard to workout without a gym.. those online classes were not motivating for me.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 7:50 pm
Yes, usually 3 or 4 classes (intense, hour long) a week. Mainly at night after a long day at work.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:04 pm
Two ideas that could help you keep it regular: a workout buddy and having a set time.

Since my gym reopened, I have been going 6 times a week, every morning. (It's 4 am and I can't sleep but I'll be "waking" up in two hours to go.. )

jj1236

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:33 pm
I've been working out by doing youtube videos for years now. I usually workout intensely for about an hour a day 5-6 days a week. Now that I'm working full time again, I hope I won't be too exhausted to work out at night once the kids are sleeping, but we'll see.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:34 pm
We walk 3-5 times a week for anything from 5k to 12 or 14 k.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 8:37 pm
I'm 43 and have been working out 5 times a week for the past 21 years, minus 9th month thru PP. I'm SAHM with kids in the double digits. But exercise is my lifeline. The gym was closed March thru Sept due to covid19 and my sanity was severely affected.

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 9:02 pm
Brisk walking outside 4-5x a week. I dont see myself going back to a gym for a very long time.

amother
Tangerine

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 9:44 pm
I think 2-3x a week is regular.

ChanieMommy

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:19 am
I think the bar is a bit high with 4-6x a week...
Maybe the answers would be different if you had given choices: 1x a week, 2-3x a week, 4-6x a week...
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise