Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Which energy/granola bar is really healthy/dietetic

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 07 2020, 11:44 pm
I’m looking for an energy bar that’s parve, and really healthy.
Not something full of sugar and carbs and calories.

There are SO many out there!

Mandelmaker

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:11 am
Go macro bar or RX bar

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:11 am
I eat real food. Meat is great! Boiled eggs, cheese. Actual food, dense in nutrients.

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:13 am
ORLO something like this its called tho I might have written it wrong. Green and orange box . Much Lower carbs then the other ones .

GL

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:14 am
I'm also looking for ideas as I need to be on a low carb diet now and Really ain't easy.

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:21 am
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
I'm also looking for ideas as I need to be on a low carb diet now and Really ain't easy.

It’s not hard at all...

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:22 am
Thank you everyone keep them coming!

Andrea, I also eat real food but sometimes I need a quick healthy booster to stuff my mouth with while I’m doing 200 other things simultaneously 😀😀

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:34 am
andrea levy wrote:
It’s not hard at all...

Help. Me. Omg my diet recently drastically changed and I'm feeling so lost.

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:46 am
I vote for kind bars. I live off them. It’s my breakfast and daily snack. So many different types.

reality mom

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:47 am
Almost no granola bar that you purchase isn't processed and full of junk. Even if they claim to be natural and healthy.

I make my own!
Instant oats, raw nuts n seeds that I like (sunflower seeds, almonds, chia, pecans, etc) . I sweeten with some raw honey or maple syrup. You can add raisins or some 70 percent cocoa choco chips as well. Add some coconut oil, press down onto a cookie sheet, refrigerate for a few hrs. Then using a pizza cutter slice into squares or rectangles and freeze in individual snack/ziploc bags.

Enjoy!

ima22

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 3:09 am
Larabars. Caloric but very few ingredients. Basically nuts and fruit. No added sugar in most of their varieties (not sure about flavors with chocolate chips). They are delicious and very filling.

ChanieMommy

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 3:47 am
Eat a few raw veggies rather than a granola bar. I specially recommend carrot sticks... they taste sweet and are really filling. You can also throw in a few cucumber sticks, bell pepper sticks and cherry tomatoes, just for variety... Kohlrabi might be more of an aquired taste... I love them... also white radish slices in salt are delicious...

The advantage is that you never have to limit veggies in quantity, because they generally have under 30 calories per 100g...so you could eat more or less a kilo of them for the calories of a granola bar. Weight Watchers allows you to eat veggies without counting any points, programs where you have to wait 4 hours between meals allow them as snacks... and low carbists don't count them as carbs... because they are 85% or more water...

(things like corn or squash or avocado that have more calories have to count in other categories, either carbs or fats)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise