Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Advice for Business Career

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 1:32 am
From your personal life experience and career, what advice would you give to a post sem girl who wants to work in some type of business (business management) setting and doesn't want to pursue a degree? From experience and prior knowledge, is that a lucrative field? Can that potentially make good money? Is it a good fit for a frum woman/mother? Looking forward to hearing your thoughts, ideas, and opinions on this matter.

Elfrida

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 2:09 am
Without a degree she may find a lot of doors closed to her as she tries to move up to higher manegerial levels.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 2:13 am
What degree would you suggest she pursue then? More and more, degrees aren't needed for specific fields, business being one of them.

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 2:17 am
I have a masters in another field but left that field for self employment in business. Did better in biz with no degree necessary than I did in my other field.

I agree that if she's working FOR a business doors might close but with self employment she could write her own ticket.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 2:20 am
Based on your experience, would there be any schooling, college, or knowledge you would suggest someone should pursue before or as they enter the business world? Realistically, what do you think a frum woman can make in the business world, working for a company?

israelmama

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 2:36 am
It honestly depends where you’re located. In Israel you don’t necessarily need a degree but I would definitely recommend taking classes. An internship is also beneficial and can help her find a job

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 12:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Based on your experience, would there be any schooling, college, or knowledge you would suggest someone should pursue before or as they enter the business world? Realistically, what do you think a frum woman can make in the business world, working for a company?

Does she like working with numbers?
Is she interested in data?
Because programming/ iT. Might work.

Or she could get a Ba in business management
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics