Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Betty Crocker pizza maker
1  2  Next

angelgirl

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 4:28 pm
I see people use it for things like pancakes and omelettes.

What else can it be used for dairy/pareve?

And do you clean between each use or...?

And also, does anyone sell it in the Uk or is there an as good equivalent I could search online here for?

TIA!

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 4:32 pm
I make quesadillas, toast and toasted bagels, grilled cheese sandwiches, hash brown/tater tots, eggs, pizza. Between that and my instant pot its my little dairy kitchen section. I wipe it out between uses with a damp towel.

angelgirl

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:07 pm
mha3484 wrote:
I make quesadillas, toast and toasted bagels, grilled cheese sandwiches, hash brown/tater tots, eggs, pizza. Between that and my instant pot its my little dairy kitchen section. I wipe it out between uses with a damp towel.

Thank you! Some lovely ideas! Do you make tater tots from scratch in it or just reheat bought ones? And pizza is homemade dough?

Thanks!

mha3484

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:13 pm
With tater tots frozen but I want to try the cauli ones from the new peas love and carrots book. I have done pizza both home made and frozen and they both come out great.

angelgirl

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 5:32 pm
mha3484 wrote:
With tater tots frozen but I want to try the cauli ones from the new peas love and carrots book. I have done pizza both home made and frozen and they both come out great.

Amazing thank you so much!!

tweety1

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:00 pm
I have one for dairy and one for meat. I first bought it for dairy and when I saw how much I love it I bought for meat too.

avrahamama

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:23 pm
tweety1 wrote:
I have one for dairy and one for meat. I first bought it for dairy and when I saw how much I love it I bought for meat too.

What meat dishes do you use it for?

angelgirl

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 6:23 pm
tweety1 wrote:

Cool thanks! Do you use it for more things dairy than poster above?

And what do you use it for meat?

tweety1

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 8:19 pm
avrahamama wrote:
What meat dishes do you use it for?

I make patties, and anything with cutlets. I still wanna try chicken bottoms one day since I made dark chicken cutlets there already. I make patties in it all the time.

tweety1

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 8:21 pm
angelgirl wrote:
Cool thanks! Do you use it for more things dairy than poster above?

And what do you use it for meat?

I sauteed vegetables in it for an omelette. I had to add a drop of oil but it's ok cuz it's so much less messier than a frying pan. I defrosted potato knishes, I defrosted potato blintzes, scrambled eggs, french toast

bling3

Post Tue, Sep 08 2020, 9:13 pm
I baked salmon, potato knishes, blinztes, fish sticks, pizza bagels, pizza, omelets, pancakes. You can reheat anything- milichig lasagna, noodle kugel, etc. My kids even made some chocolate chip cookies! We absolutely love it. If I would have counter space I would buy a second for fleishigs. I took this along on vacation and it was amazing!

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 6:58 pm
Anyone know if this has to be toiveled? Really nervous about immersing it in mikvah water, especially these days. Feel bad bothering my LOR are again with what feels like another petty shaila.

watergirl

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 7:11 pm
BH Yom Yom wrote:
Anyone know if this has to be toiveled? Really nervous about immersing it in mikvah water, especially these days. Feel bad bothering my LOR are again with what feels like another petty shaila.

As per the CRC and Star K, no.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 7:32 pm
Do you know why not? How is it different than a sandwich maker?

my mama

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 7:38 pm
I I toveled mine and let it dry for 48 hours. I know some people who only let it dry for 24, but I was nervous about it.

I absolutely love it.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 7:50 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Do you know why not? How is it different than a sandwich maker?

It's the same status as a sandwich maker. But there are different opinions about immersing electrical products.

BH Yom Yom

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 7:56 pm
watergirl wrote:
As per the CRC and Star K, no.

Omg thank you!! Any idea where I can find that just so I have a copy of it if anyone asks me?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:45 pm
ra_mom wrote:
It's the same status as a sandwich maker. But there are different opinions about immersing electrical products.

I'm aware that some are meikil/have hacks.
I know with 100% certainty Star K isn't like that and holds sandwich makers should be toiveled (preferably with another item with a vadai bracha). I'm pretty certain CRC holds the same but I don't have time to look right now.
That's why I'm questioning this.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:49 pm
On the other hand, if the concern is covid related, many poskim are saying you can use the same leniency from pesach time about declaring it hefker until it's safe by your standards to toivel it.

But if you're main concern is ruining it, there are thousands and thousands of non digital electric appliances that survived tevila fine after drying for a few days.

And this is NOT a petty shaila. Your Rav is there for a reason, or you can call up a kashrus agency like the star k 4104844110 and ask yourself.

BH Yom Yom

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 6:27 am
I found this on CRC: thank you watergirl!

https://www.crcweb.org/Tevillas%20Keilim%20(Jan%202019).pdf
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars