Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Do you get upset with these characters?

penguin

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 12:05 am
Rebbetzin Schwartzberg in Mishpacha, giving in to the head of Nshei. Since when was she hired by this woman? Who gets to tell her that she needs a public speaking course, and what clothing to buy? grrrr. I would tell the woman, thank you for your ideas, I will think about them. No way would I be a tame pet.

Shaindel in the Sisters story Binah - why does she give up her friendship with Goldie? Yes, I understand her husband's job was on the line but grrrr. Any idiot could see that a girl who lost her mother needs a mother figure.

I just reread A Veiled Truth, and I was so upset with Fish always yes-sir-ing David.

I guess I just can't tolerate people giving in to bullies. Anyone else feel this way?

Are these writers trying to get the reader to have feelings about bullies? Is it just me being triggered (not that I remember being bullied as a kids but who knows!)?

iammom

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 12:30 am
I think it’s realistic for the characters to be this way. How many people have the courage to stand up to a bully? In the stories, you see the character’s inner thoughts and turmoils and wanting to stand up for themselves but in the end they just follow along, like I think most of us do.

seeker

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 12:46 am
I can handle Sheindel. She's in a very very tricky spot. You can see how it's eating her up. It's her FATHER I want to strangle. Also the elementary school principal, who the **** calls the high school sister to talk about a child's SERIOUS issues instead of insisting the father show up to his own life? ENABLER UGH.

Schwartzberg also has the husband's position to consider but yeah, if she were a new character I'd say she's just a pushover but she appeared in a previous serial and I thought she had more spunk. And her foot is always in her mouth with the daughter Sad Poor both of them.

And hello you are seriously missing the point with Fischel Kirschenbaum, he was completely traumatized by the guy. Very realistic. That one was not about "giving into bullies" it was about "bullying kids can totally cause PTSD" but doesn't he also firm up later on in the story?

ruchelbuckle

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:21 pm
Ugh. I just want to say that it was probably (depending on the state) illegal for Yehudis to record Chana w/out permission. Chana is too easy on her. She has got to put her foot down!

blueberry6

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 12:01 am
Sisters has been driving me crazy too, but I'm more annoyed at Yonah. His wife is miserable, she has no friends, and when she finally finds a mother figure, he's all, "you're ruining my relationship with my boss. End it." Hello!!! Does no one see how dysfunctional this is? This is your WIFE. She sacrificed so much for this lifestyle. Her life does not revolve solely around your job!
Oh, and she just takes it! She's all apologetic. I'm like, no girl, stand up for yourself! You deserve a friend.
I mean, where is his sympathy? Understanding? Acceptance? Love for his wife and interest in her well-being??? What kind of relationship is this???
Whew. Had to get that off my chest. Wink

trixx

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 1:59 am
I get upset with the Jewish authors lol. Can't read this stuff
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room