Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Help me buy a high chair
1  2  Next

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:45 am
I never had a high chair cuz I didn't have room in my apt. Now I bh do have room and wanna buy one. I have no idea what I want other than easy transport between kitchen and dining room. Plz share what you have and what you like about it. Tnx for your help.

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:52 am
Not cheap, but it was a present from a relative so I got the Boon. It moves easily from room to room and is easy to clean. Plus it comes with a removable additional tray, so we use that one for fleishig (we only have a fleishig dishwasher) and the attached tray for milchig.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:53 am
Ikea antilop, small, easy to clean, and economical. You can buy the support cushion for a smaller child who needs it.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:53 am
tweety1 wrote:
I never had a high chair cuz I didn't have room in my apt. Now I bh do have room and wanna buy one. I have no idea what I want other than easy transport between kitchen and dining room. Plz share what you have and what you like about it. Tnx for your help.

I have the Graco Duo Diner. It easily wheels from room to room but is very stable. Easy to clean, can be raised, lowered, and used as a booster. And the frame folds for storage, which was important to me.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 8:55 am
I love the Boon. It moves very easily.
However, it is a bit bulky.

bsy

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 9:22 am
The only one I like is the imitation prince castle. It's the only one that has a small footprint, on wheels, and has no fabric so it's easy to clean. I've used some others, and really disliked them. The boon is very bulky and has a tiny tray. can't even fit a large plastic plate. Let alone play dough, coloring etc.

Stars

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 9:37 am
Love the primo cozy tot deluxe

thanks

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 9:39 am
bsy wrote:
The only one I like is the imitation prince castle. It's the only one that has a small footprint, on wheels, and has no fabric so it's easy to clean. I've used some others, and really disliked them. The boon is very bulky and has a tiny tray. can't even fit a large plastic plate. Let alone play dough, coloring etc.

Who makes it? Where can I get it?

bsy

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 9:42 am
thanks wrote:
Who makes it? Where can I get it?

Little luxury in boro park

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 9:43 am
https://www.pishposhbaby.com/s.....w_wcB

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:25 am
I like the Peg Perego, look for 2 features:
1. Wheels for easy transport
2. Easily washable.

Also do you want one that can be used from infancy? ie. it reclines?
Do you want freestanding which takes up space or a small one on a chair?
Also what’s your budget?

amother
Green

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 10:29 am
bsy wrote:

This was my least favorite and the day I threw it out was a happy day. My biggest problem with it is that the tray doesn't reach the child so they get filthy each time they eat and more food ends up in the high chair then in their bellies. I only realized how much I hated it when I had twins and got a cheapy Graco for the second baby. That Graco was then used for my other kids. The tray goes all the way in, the seat titlts back for the younger babies to hang out at eye level sometimes (before they are eating solids) and - this is very important for me) it has molded plastic between the legs so the kids can't slip out the bottom of the high chair.

bsy

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 11:44 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
This was my least favorite and the day I threw it out was a happy day. My biggest problem with it is that the tray doesn't reach the child so they get filthy each time they eat and more food ends up in the high chair then in their bellies. I only realized how much I hated it when I had twins and got a cheapy Graco for the second baby. That Graco was then used for my other kids. The tray goes all the way in, the seat titlts back for the younger babies to hang out at eye level sometimes (before they are eating solids) and - this is very important for me) it has molded plastic between the legs so the kids can't slip out the bottom of the high chair.

I had a graco that had a tray go further in. Food still ended up everywhere. And then I had a filthy high chair that was impossible to clean....

Roots

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 2:21 pm
definitely IKEA's high chair. so cheap so easy to clean so so so good- this is my 4th child using it and looks like new.

bsy

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 2:24 pm
Roots wrote:
definitely IKEA's high chair. so cheap so easy to clean so so so good- this is my 4th child using it and looks like new.

I had 2 issues with that one. Big footprint and no wheels. Otherwise its a great deal

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Sep 09 2020, 3:19 pm
[quote="amother [ Green ]"
Quote:
it has molded plastic between the legs so the kids can't slip out the bottom of the high chair.
[/quote]

This is actually really important it makes a huge difference especially if your buying an expensive high chair. Just in case the straps break you don’t have to throw out the high chair. And personally I don’t strap my 14 month old in my high chair (yes when I use others since theirs are the carry ones that go on a seat) just in case she chokes I have easy access.

lucky14

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 1:17 am
bsy wrote:
I had 2 issues with that one. Big footprint and no wheels. Otherwise its a great deal

Yes, I was going to say this about the Ikea one. If you're looking to be able to move easily between rooms it isn't the best option out there.

It IS the best option if you want the easiest highchair to clean though. I've been so so happy with it. Had a Graco one for my first and that thing got so dirty and there were so many little areas that food got stuck that you just could never get to...

bsy

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:43 am
lucky14 wrote:
Yes, I was going to say this about the Ikea one. If you're looking to be able to move easily between rooms it isn't the best option out there.

It IS the best option if you want the easiest highchair to clean though. I've been so so happy with it. Had a Graco one for my first and that thing got so dirty and there were so many little areas that food got stuck that you just could never get to...

The prince castle is also easy to clean

funmother

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 10:42 am
Cosco, it folds so easy and small, can get more trays through the company. Economical. Comfortable for young babies. Cons not good for very Tall or chunky toddlers. I have a separate booster for 2 -preschool. I find they enjoy sitting by tbe table

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 3:07 pm
https://www.amazon.com/Primo-P.....LDLPC
This is what I end up getting. So far it looks good. It's relatively small, folds very compact and easy to clean.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics