Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
How to make 2 year old understand he can’t run in street?
Previous  1  2

Rappel

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I can’t always, every second I’m outside, have him in a stroller. He also hates that.

That's the point. The consequence of his running in the street is the loss of independence, because you can't chase him and keep him safe if he's loose. Let him think on that. Be consistent.

Also - When DS was 2, he found the body of a cat that had been run over. It was a very educational tool.

Rappel

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:37 pm
Hashem_n_Farfel wrote:
There’s this strap that my mother used on my younger brother when he was a toddler.
It was this cute little monkey backpack that had straps that she put his arms through (like a regular backpack) and the straps also had straps attached to them to buckle over the chest

And the backpack had a leash like thing attached to the top of it and there was a loop for my mothers wrist to go through. .

I plan to use this with my son if he is one of those “runners”

Hatzlocha

True. That's a great tool if you have one little kid.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 9:44 pm
My kids figured out very quickly that run into the street = go inside for the rest of the day. They may have been too young to understand why the street is dangerous, but they knew they didn't want to go inside.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics