Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Help with the grandfather visa - UPDATED

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 2:51 am
DH's dad is supposed to be flying in on Sunday, but he hasn't yet been approved for his visa. The Israeli consulate in the US won't pick up the phone when we call, and hasn't responded to emails. We sent in the paperwork in a timely fashion. Yesterday someone called my FIL, and said that they were missing a document, then that they were missing all his documents and they had never been forwarded to the Misrad Hapinim, and then that he needed to bring in all his original documentation into the consulate. No explanation, and he's mighty pissed by now.

What's going on? Does anyone know somebody, have a link, or a secret back door that I can use to get this squared away? My FIL doesn't speak Israeli, and I feel like I'm watching two ships pass each other in the night. Banging head

Last edited by Rappel on Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:09 am
Bump

banana123

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:17 am
Can you call them up and be Israeli?
Maybe try MK Michal Cotler-Wunsh?

rivkam

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:19 am
I'm not sure how you can get this organised by Sunday. I would just push this as much as possible. Maybe call misrad hapnim for him and see what they can do. Send a copy of the flight ticket to the Embassy to fast track things. Title your email URGENT so that maybe someone will read it.

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 8:32 am
banana123 wrote:
Can you call them up and be Israeli?
Maybe try MK Michal Cotler-Wunsh?

Got her number? Smile

Rappel

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 9:29 am
rivkam wrote:
I'm not sure how you can get this organised by Sunday. I would just push this as much as possible. Maybe call misrad hapnim for him and see what they can do. Send a copy of the flight ticket to the Embassy to fast track things. Title your email URGENT so that maybe someone will read it.

They have all the paperwork, and we've been on the phone with the Interior and Foreign ministries all week. So far, no go.

DH's uncle was classmates with Michael Oren, so we reached out to him, and he said he'll try to straighten things out after the chagim. So probably no flight soon, but maybe we'll get an exception worked out for him to visit later. Or maybe he'll just complete his Aliyah first - he's just waiting for some original documents from NJ to complete his application. Smile

Rappel

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:06 pm
Update: we got the visa an hour before his original flight, but he was able to reschedule and arrived today!

Now we just need to make sure the flights stay locked down, so he can't leave LOL

essie14

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:09 pm
Rappel wrote:
Update: we got the visa an hour before his original flight, but he was able to reschedule and arrived today!

Now we just need to make sure the flights stay locked down, so he can't leave LOL

That's amazing!! Enjoy his visit!

chanchy123

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:32 pm
Rappel wrote:

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

banana123

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:38 pm
Rappel wrote:

Yay!!! Here's hoping!

amother
Red

Post Sun, Sep 13 2020, 5:52 pm
Rappel wrote:

Ha! And my daughter is finally coming now from Israel to US (after not seeing her for 2 years!).
I also hope the flights stay locked down, so that she shouldnt be able to go back! LOL

Rappel

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 12:55 pm
https://www.israelnationalnews.....87247

Hmmm...So what about non-citizens?

grace413

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 2:14 pm
Glad it worked out.

katamommy

Post Sat, Sep 19 2020, 2:50 pm
Rappel wrote:
https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/287247

Hmmm...So what about non-citizens?

bump

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Sep 20 2020, 5:42 pm
katamommy wrote:
bump

Non-citizens can leave the country as they please, just like citizens. However, they can't return. No permits are being issued (at least to students) during lockdown.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions