Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Upgrading covering
  1  2  3  13  14  15  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:06 am
very chasidish: Do you know someone that covers sheitel only on simches of one certain child so that their mechatenste is more comfortable? Was it because they asked or the wearer "offered" somehow?
Im before a shiduch and that family will feel ...Im a fifte redel there. If Im always with my plain sheitel.
No tough comments please. I know I should be proud of who I am. I continue proud. But ....it is something I would consider because Im excited for the shiduch and want to possibly do this upgrade at this child's simchas if the shiduch works out. It is definitelly to make my new shnir ans her mom feel kinda better.
Have you seen that by chasidish?

Ruchel

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:11 am
Don't cover differently. Ask your rav to notify them it's your way

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:13 am
Who would forbid you to do that?
You can decide every day anew what your wear.
It's your body, your clothes... You don't need to ask permission from anyone...

cnc

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:15 am
I know people that have upgraded at a child’s Simcha and then stayed that way. I don’t know anyone that puts it in for Simchas and then takes it off.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:17 am
They are not asking, so I dont need to ask a rabbi to relay anything. I know what they will feel every time they introduce me to their friends. But my question is: Chasidish, have you even seen this?
People wearing let's say a wider band just on simchas of one child?

amother
Hotpink

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:22 am
I don’t understand the question. That is, I’m confused as to how you normally cover and what exactly you wanted to do differently at the wedding?

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They are not asking, so I dont need to ask a rabbi to relay anything. I know what they will feel every time they introduce me to their friends. But my question is: Chasidish, have you even seen this?

No it’s very weird. You’re making Purim of yourself. People know you don’t cover. If you cover for the simcha people will assume you decided to do something “more” lately and that you’re staying this way. When they see you uncovered next time they will really find it interesting to say the least...
I do know 2 people who cover with a band on Shabbos and by their children’s Chasuna. That’s very different. It’s not to fit in with the other side. They do it regardless of what the other side wears.
All that being said, it’s your head, your clothes, you can obviously do as you please but you’re asking our opinion so here you have mine. Smile

freilich

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:29 am
Why would you make yourself uncomfortable in order to make them more comfortable? Unelss you don't mind , I find this very weird.

silverlining3

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:37 am
Have not seen such. But hey, I wasn't to all weddings.

One of my relatives put on 'vasa zucken' by his youngest child wedding and stayed with it, till today's day.

Just for the wedding I think may be kinda weird.
People don't know your intention and might look at it, who you trying to fool?

Honestly, the mechatainista should be proud of you, the way you are. If they agree to go on, they know you wear a plain wig, they are okay with it!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:41 am
amother [ Hotpink ] wrote:
I don’t understand the question. That is, I’m confused as to how you normally cover and what exactly you wanted to do differently at the wedding?

I go sheitel. And I was thinking of a regular band . Not a 2 inch band. The regular few inch wide chasidish

amother
Chocolate

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:42 am
What are you going to do if the next set of machatunim feel uncomfortable because you’re too chassidish? Will you downgrade for them for a bit of time.
Stick with who you are.’switch when you want to do that for you.
Trust me: they’re gonna love you as is!
(Or they’re not for you)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:44 am
So far nobody has seen. So Im not gonna be first.
Any one else?

amother
Cyan

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:49 am
Just no.
Please, some self respect.

Chickensoupprof

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:53 am
Well whatever floats your boat, I know one sephardi woman who always wears a 'normal' tichel and only on simchas one with a volumizer... Don't know the chassidishe version of that... If you are happy with your hoyle sheitel it's ok Smile

amother
Scarlet

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:57 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:
Well whatever floats your boat, I know one sephardi woman who always wears a 'normal' tichel and only on simchas one with a volumizer... Don't know the chassidishe version of that... If you are happy with your hoyle sheitel it's ok Smile

If she always does it for simchos it’s prob like those who do for Shabbos plus simchos. Not the same as only for one simcha to match the other side.

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:57 am
probably get more relevant input if you post in the chasidish forum

hatzlocha

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 7:58 am
So far nobody has seen. So Im not gonna be first.
Any one else?

Blessing1

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 8:01 am
OP, please don't do this. It absolutely makes no sense. My parents have literally all types of michetunim, do you think my mom dressed at each wedding according to the michetenista standards?? That's absurd. I assume the michetenista knows you don't cover you're wig, if you put on a band just for the wedding you'll make a fool out of yourself. Every other chassidish wedding one michetenista goes covered and the other not, I've never seen the uncovered one cover just for the wedding because the michetenista goes covered. Each to their own.
Though it is more heard of to cover for a simcha and stay like that for good.
Maybe switch this to chassidish world to get more chassidish opinions.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 8:26 am
I haven't. I've seen many people wear a scarf by the chuppah though.
To be honest, I wouldn't do it. I think it sends a weird message, like we're not sure who we are, or something like that.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Sep 11 2020, 8:28 am
Chickensoupprof wrote:

A volumizer is usually worn for beauty purposes, not for tzniut. At least that's how it is in Israel.
A woman who puts one on only for smachot is the equivalent of a woman who only wears heels or make up at smachot. Nothing to do with tzniut.
Page 1 of 15   1  2  3  13  14  15  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels