Home

Flatbush/BP classes in quarantine
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:47 pm
With so much of this school year potentially in flux, I thought it would be helpful to have a thread to keep track of classes that are in quarantine, to get a sense of how widespread - or hopefully not! - the virus is in our community.

DH spoke to DS's menahel before the start of the year and told him that as excited as we are for the 1st day of school, we hope to be just as excited for the 100th day, but from what we're hearing, the odds of that aren't looking too good.

So far I've heard about:

BY of 18th Avenue - 8th grade
Lev BY - a high school class (10th?)
Chofetz Chaim Tiferes Yisroel - high school class (12th?)

Are there others? Please keep this thread to Flatbush/BP schools, thanks.
Back to top

fleetwood




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:50 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
With so much of this school year potentially in flux, I thought it would be helpful to have a thread to keep track of classes that are in quarantine, to get a sense of how widespread - or hopefully not! - the virus is in our community.

DH spoke to DS's menahel before the start of the year and told him that as excited as we are for the 1st day of school, we hope to be just as excited for the 100th day, but from what we're hearing, the odds of that aren't looking too good.

So far I've heard about:

BY of 18th Avenue - 8th grade
Lev BY - a high school class (10th?)
Chofetz Chaim Tiferes Yisroel - high school class (12th?)

Are there others? Please keep this thread to Flatbush/BP schools, thanks.


Lev is 12th grade
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:51 pm
Well most of the chassidish schools/yeshivas are not testing the kids so they won't have to quarantine
Back to top

amother




Apricot
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:54 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Well most of the chassidish schools/yeshivas are not testing the kids so they won't have to quarantine


Exactly.
Rolling Eyes Wink TMI Crying Punch LOL Banging head Can't Believe It Twisted Evil Tongue Out TMI
These are just some of my emotions.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 1:59 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Well most of the chassidish schools/yeshivas are not testing the kids so they won't have to quarantine


Okay, I wrote Flatbush and BP because they're close together and there's a lot of back-and-forth between them, but I'm not looking for this thread to get derailed into discussions about protocols and whether schools should test or report or SD, etc.

So please keep this thread to discussing schools that are reporting cases - and specify if it was a student or teacher or staff member if you know. Thanks!
Back to top

amother




Violet
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:00 pm
I heard 4th grade tora vodas
Back to top

amother




Jade
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:02 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Well most of the chassidish schools/yeshivas are not testing the kids so they won't have to quarantine


I'm not in the USA but all I can think is good for them the first lockdown took me literally to the edge if the kids are home from school again I will go over the edge. You can start throwing tomatoes I dont care. Having the kids home from school is HARD for them and me. There I said it
Back to top

amother




Khaki
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:07 pm
amother [ Jade ] wrote:
I'm not in the USA but all I can think is good for them the first lockdown took me literally to the edge if the kids are home from school again I will go over the edge. You can start throwing tomatoes I dont care. Having the kids home from school is HARD for them and me. There I said it


I'm not going to throw tomatoes, I'm going to agree that it was HARD but that because we did it none of us are dead. Got to keep your eye on the prize.
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:08 pm
Well, if you live in bp/flatbush, you better become chassidish fast since it seems the virus knows to infect only children in the not chassidish mosdos, judging by the schools listed above....
Back to top

naomi2




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:31 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Well, if you live in bp/flatbush, you better become chassidish fast since it seems the virus knows to infect only children in the not chassidish mosdos, judging by the schools listed above....

I know, weird.......
Back to top

Just One




 
 
 
 

Post  Sun, Sep 13 2020, 2:45 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Well, if you live in bp/flatbush, you better become chassidish fast since it seems the virus knows to infect only children in the not chassidish mosdos, judging by the schools listed above....

As in what you don't know can't hurt you 😝
Back to top

amother




Slategray
 

Post  Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:11 pm
Any more classes closed?
Back to top

amother




Navy
 

Post  Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:14 pm
BYBP kindergarten class.
Bnos Yaakov 12th grade class.
Back to top

amother




Ginger
 

Post  Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:39 pm
Oh my.
I had no clue that this was happening Surprised
Back to top

amother




Brown
 

Post  Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:49 pm
Following.
Back to top

amother




Lime
 

Post  Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:54 pm
Many doctors in lakewood are saying DONT TEST! Many of the tests are not accurate and then youre going to have classes/schools shut down. If youre sick just stay home.
Back to top

amother




Khaki
 

Post  Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:55 pm
amother [ Lime ] wrote:
Many doctors in lakewood are saying DONT TEST! Many of the tests are not accurate and then youre going to have classes/schools shut down. If youre sick just stay home.


Doctors who went to actual medical school?
Back to top

amother




Tan
 

Post  Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:58 pm
Bdy in monsey. Sorry not bp or Flatbush.
Back to top

amother




Periwinkle
 

Post  Mon, Sep 14 2020, 7:58 pm
Bais Yaakov of Boro Park Pre1A
Back to top

amother




Apricot
 

Post  Mon, Sep 14 2020, 8:00 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Doctors who went to actual medical school?



Ya can’t beat em, join em.
Back to top
1, 2, 3, 4  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 4 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Belly dancing classes
by amother
23 Yesterday at 3:04 pm View last post
Choosing a flatbush yeshiva
by amother
4 Sun, Oct 25 2020, 6:42 pm View last post
Toddler quarantine
by amother
6 Sat, Oct 24 2020, 11:21 pm View last post
ISO salted butter CY only, BP/ Flatbush
by amother
12 Thu, Oct 22 2020, 5:41 pm View last post
Quarantine and work
by amother
2 Wed, Oct 21 2020, 1:49 pm View last post