Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Help! Tantrum that hurts!!!

luv2bamom

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 4:59 pm
Any body have any good advice for me. My 15 month old throws a tantrum by banging his head into the floor, its tiled and it HURTS him alot! I know the best thing to do is ignore it so they stop but I cant he does it a few times and I run to get him cuz by the time he does that He's crying in pain and forgets a/b the tantrum part! HELP! I dont want him to think this is a way to get what he wants but I also dont want him hurt!

Tefila

Post Tue, Sep 20 2005, 8:00 pm
Eigther u can try putting down a rug or literally move him to a carpeted area. But one can hurt themselves badly on tiled floors Hatzlacha Wink

Simchas613

Post Wed, Nov 16 2005, 9:15 pm
Maybe you can try at that moment of the Tantrum pick him up and relax him in your hands and try talking to him in a calm voice about something special he likes or a story etc... But if its because he's overtired then it might not work the answer would be to go to sleep Hatzlacha Rabba and good luck LOL Rolling Eyes

imanut

Post Thu, Nov 17 2005, 8:57 am
my toddler does the same thing
it still hurts on the carpet but it is not as bad
I have no advice for stopping it except to just wait it out
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics