Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Excellent Hamentashen dough
  Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Feb 18 2013, 4:37 pm
I have no idea. I made it and used it immediately.

abound

Post Thu, Feb 21 2013, 3:00 pm
Thank you so much! I made these today it is delicious, it needed more like 15 minutes than 10, I filled it with a apple filling.
Thank you!

sarahd

Post Sun, Feb 09 2014, 2:24 am
The annual bump. Wink This dough is the best I have ever made for hamentaschen. Compliments every year. Thanks, cookielady.

greenfire

Post Wed, Feb 12 2014, 1:21 pm
here's to our favorite hamentash recipe

Excellent Hamentashen dough

Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers Cheers l'chaim !!! לחיים Drunken Smile Drunken Smile Drunken Smile Drunken Smile Drunken Smile Drunken Smile

Success10

Post Sun, Mar 02 2014, 11:06 am
Just made these. IT CAN BE DONE: Hamentashen can be made without margarine! They held together great!

sped

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 1:00 pm
Anyone have a good, thick brownie recipe I can use to fill them? I don't have any Duncan Nines.
Thanks

ectomorph

Post Tue, Mar 04 2014, 3:57 pm
I just made these. I love the taste but how do you stop the dough from cracking? I only made a few to see how they bake.

sped

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 3:44 am
sped wrote:
Anyone have a good, thick brownie recipe I can use to fill them? I don't have any Duncan Nines.
Thanks

Anyone, please? We made the dough yesterday and I told ds we would finish today after gan, He is begging for chocolate ones and I really don't want to go the chocolate spread route.

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 6:29 pm
brownies

2/3 cup crisco
2 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tsp vanilla

cream together

then add

1 & 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup cocoa

mix and slowly add 1/2 cup water

[reminder - that cake batter rises so put in only little into each hamentash leaving room to fill out while baking]

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 6:33 pm
I refrigerated it and now the dough is cracking even more! Any ideas?

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 6:36 pm
ectomorph wrote:
I refrigerated it and now the dough is cracking even more! Any ideas?

when you roll them out ? are they too wet ? you probably have to knead in more flour to get a better consistency ... but only a little at a time so they won't be dry ...

Last edited by greenfire on Wed, Mar 05 2014, 7:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

shanamaidel

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 6:38 pm
Made these, and I have to say they are excellent! They make a bunch, or maybe bc my circles werent big. Either way, I froze half of the dough. I defrosted the rest tonight and they still came out amazing!

ectomorph

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 7:09 pm
greenfire wrote:
when you roll them out ? are they too wet ? you probably have to knead in more flour to get a better consistency ... but only a little at a time so they want be dry ...
Thank you

greenfire

Post Wed, Mar 05 2014, 7:12 pm
you're welcome ...

shirtsandskirts

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 11:52 am
I made these just now and I don't know what I did wrong, but for some reason I needed 6.5 cups flour. I was mixing by hand and after 5.5 It was still very sticky. they stayed together nicely, but I am afraid that the dough will taste too floury. It was perfect consistency though. Anyone else do this?

jflower

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 12:24 pm
dunkinlover, not to worry. I also had to use about 6 - 6.5 cups flour and they came out delicious.

cookielady, I just came across your post from 2008 and wanted to thank you. I tweaked your recipe (used water instead of juice & left out the extracts) and the hamentashen were a big success. In my oven, I had to bake them for about 20 min.

After cutting out the circles for the hamentashen, I had some leftover dough so I just flattened it out with a rolling pin then smeared on some the remaining filling. I rolled it up like a jelly roll and after baking I cut it every 1" and ended up with rugelach-like pastries. Absolutely delish. I plan to use this recipe as my gold standard for all cakes/cookies that need this type of dough.

Thanks again, and a wonderful Purim to all.

malkacooks

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 12:33 pm
ty! best dough ever!

ImaMum

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 3:27 pm
Thank you cookielady Very Happy
I made these yesterday and turned out great + my first time making hamentashen!
I also needed to add extra flour tho as wasnt binding :/
Anyone got any easy ideas for fillings please?
I used jam, choc chips, peanut butter mixed with choc spread and choc spread (not all together! )
Might try dipping half into choc with sprinkles but duno if sounds too fiddly? !

ImaMum

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 3:29 pm
Ps I didnt have the extracts or apple juice but used vanilla sugar and tropical juice and still turned out great Thumbs Up

jflower

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 6:10 pm
I used ready-made poppy seed filling that I found in the grocery store. It came in a container and I figured that it would be a great time-saver. I was right about that.
Page 9 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 8 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus