Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
Excellent Hamentashen dough
  Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next

lifesagift

Post Thu, Mar 13 2014, 11:26 pm
Thanks for the recipe! Im not much of a baker and have never baked hamantashen before, but ive decided to try this with my kids this year. We used whole wheat flour, ev olive oil, organic sugar, and raspberry preserves. Its actually delicious! As expected, the filling was really runny, but we added 2 mini marshmallows with a choc chip stuck on eachone and it (sort of...) looked like a face with its tongue stuck out... In any case, twas a lot of fun (the kids loved the play do texture, and the folding - y did I never do this before?). Definetely a new tradition was born! Thanks again!

little neshamala

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 5:10 pm
cookie lady (or anyone else with experience using this dough), does this make a crunchy or soft hamentasch?
I usually prefer soft, or semi soft- I typically dont like crunchy....

thanks for anyone's replies in andvance

ra_mom

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 5:15 pm
little neshamala wrote:
cookie lady (or anyone else with experience using this dough), does this make a crunchy or soft hamentasch?
I usually prefer soft, or semi soft- I typically dont like crunchy....

thanks for anyone's replies in andvance
soft/semi soft. Don't overtake them.

greenfire

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 5:23 pm
all hamentash need to be babysat ... once you find the right amount of time - stick to it ... remember - they will get even harder once put out to kool - so do not over bake -

it would also depend on the size or how good your oven distributes heat ~ 12 to 15 minutes is a standard baking time

the hamentash thread that lives on & on my friend ...

little neshamala

Post Sun, Feb 22 2015, 6:11 pm
thank you both for your replies.
looks like I'll try this recipe then...im usually not so great in the kitchen, but I really do want to be, and this recipe has so many positive responses

Fave

Post Sun, Feb 28 2016, 3:42 pm
Annual bump.....
I must confess that I'm not very good in the kitchen (terrible actually).

But I decided to bake them tonight, I'll keep you posted.

chometz

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 3:17 pm
Thank you so much for this recipe. Really yummy! I did use freshly squeezed orange juice instead of apple juice, but I think either would work well. My almost 3 year old daughter had fun making them! I'll try to post a picture.

chometz

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 3:23 pm
http://I.imgur.com/XU9kIXN.jpg

chometz

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 3:35 pm
Does anyone know how long these stay "fresh tasting" without freezing them? And how best to store them? In an airtight container? TIA!

rachelle613

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 5:52 pm
Chaya, what fillings did you use? They look great! I just made some and did chocolate ones with chocolate drizzled on top. Would you do peanut butter, or jelly? What's on yours- icing sugar and water with some food coloring?

Raisin

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 5:59 pm
love how this thread keeps on going... Smile

I must make this recipe, my husband really liked them.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 6:17 pm
Chaya36 wrote:
http://I.imgur.com/XU9kIXN.jpg

Beautiful! Looks like fun!

chometz

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 7:03 pm
Rachelle, I used 3 different jams - I think that's jelly in the US? Strawberry, plum and apricot. I didn't use icing sugar, I used Gefen Wonder Melts in pink and white.
Maybe Sunday I'll try your chocolate version. Sounds yum! 😋 Did you use only chocolate as the filling or a cocoa chocolate mixture? I do love peanut butter but my husband is not a big fan..

chometz

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 7:07 pm
ra_mom, thank you! At the moment sprinkles and chocolate are the ONLY way to decorate cookies and cakes at home. Aah.. the joys of baking with toddlers 😃😃

lifesagift

Post Mon, Feb 27 2017, 10:28 pm
Thanks cookielady for this yum recipe! I'm hoping to make it sometime this week

lifesagift

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 10:06 pm
I made this today with kids
Instead of rolling n cutting out circles I rolled then flattened tiny balls with hands n made super tiny hamantashen... my kids call it hamantash poppers!

greenfire

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 10:21 pm
lifesagift wrote:
I made this today with kids
Instead of rolling n cutting out circles I rolled then flattened tiny balls with hands n made super tiny hamantashen... my kids call it hamantash poppers!

totally cute idea

lifesagift

Post Thu, Mar 02 2017, 11:26 pm
Thanks! 😊

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Feb 19 2019, 3:13 pm
Bumping this thread up . I got hungry just reading through it. Lookingforward to trying it.

Mandolin

Post Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:16 pm
Do you need to refrigerate the dough before rolling out? Do you need to refrigerate the assembled cookies before baking so they maintain their shape? Thanks.
Page 10 of 11   Previous  1  2  3 9  10  11  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus