Home

Excellent Hamentashen dough
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Chayalle

Post  Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:26 pm
I made the 3rd Hamentash recipe from Mishpacha Family first of two weeks ago (the cookie-style dough). My family agreed that it deserved to win a prize. Delicious! It was incredibly soft and easy to work with, and I did not have to refrigerate it. I did a double batch and they are all long gone....I should make more...

Raisin

Post  Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:27 pm
Mandolin wrote:
Do you need to refrigerate the dough before rolling out? Do you need to refrigerate the assembled cookies before baking so they maintain their shape? Thanks.

No and no. Mix, roll, fill and bake. Just made this recipe again. (and again, and again) About 500 hamantashen worth!

Tip: Bake hamantashen as soon as you can after forming since they open when left for a while. Repinch corners if you can't bake right away. Use a piping bag or plastic bag with corner cut off for filling.

Thanks Cookielady!!!! We love you.

Raisin

Post  Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:28 pm
I leave out the almond extract and its yummy. (although I am sure yummy with it)

thunderstorm

Post  Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:32 pm
Mandolin wrote:
Do you need to refrigerate the dough before rolling out? Do you need to refrigerate the assembled cookies before baking so they maintain their shape? Thanks.

Roll out dough after mixing , full, shape and bake right away. Keep the rest of the dough covered so that it doesn't dry out.
It was easy to work with but I find the dough not sweet enough (which is fine considering the sweetness of the filling but I prefer sweeter pastry)

thunderstorm

Post  Mon, Mar 18 2019, 7:33 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I made the 3rd Hamentash recipe from Mishpacha Family first of two weeks ago (the cookie-style dough). My family agreed that it deserved to win a prize. Delicious! It was incredibly soft and easy to work with, and I did not have to refrigerate it. I did a double batch and they are all long gone....I should make more...
when you have a chance are you able to post it?

greenfire

Post  Tue, Mar 19 2019, 7:44 pm
still going strong ~ cookielady nachas
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 Recent Topics

Page 11 of 11 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus