Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Amazon in Israel

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 12:13 pm
What does that mean ? All items from regular amazon are available?
What does it mean have to keep order under $75? So you can just divide smaller purchases up an do separate orders?
How would you return items to Amazon if ordered in Israel? I am assuming no free return shipping.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 12:36 pm
Returns are not free. If things are damaged you likely will just need to send photos and recieve a new product or money back without a return.

Look for items fulfilled or sold by Amazon. Shipping for other things can be quite costly.

Under 75 dollars Excluding shipping BTW

Beware that for many companies if you do more than one order within 48 or 36 hours they May combine them. Please always check a companies policy before assuming you can do a few smaller orders in a row. If orders are combined you Will pay tax

Thank goodness for Amazon. It's where we buy lots of our games, basics, hair products, and random stuff

Ridethewaves

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 1:22 pm
Just discovered that amazon Uk has some cheaper shipping costs and different items. Uk voltage is the same as Israel for appliances

Success10

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 1:23 pm
Ridethewaves wrote:
Just discovered that amazon Uk has some cheaper shipping costs and different items. Uk voltage is the same as Israel for appliances

Thanks for the tip!

Ridethewaves

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 1:26 pm
Success10 wrote:
Thanks for the tip!

Sure. I’m Considering buying a kids guitar and it’s about $50 cheaper for item and shipping costs together in 🇬🇧 vs 🇺🇸 now just need to decide if the kid really wants to play!

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 1:30 pm
Ridethewaves wrote:
Sure. I’m Considering buying a kids guitar and it’s about $50 cheaper for item and shipping costs together in 🇬🇧 vs 🇺🇸 now just need to decide if the kid really wants to play!

Try to borrow one or rent one from a music shop. Some guitar teachers have an extra the kid can use.

If kiddo keeps up with the lessons and shows some talent, THEN buy one!

~signed, the mother of a child who has a ukulele she's barely touched - but OH how she begged for it!

Ridethewaves

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 1:34 pm
FranticFrummie wrote:
Try to borrow one or rent one from a music shop. Some guitar teachers have an extra the kid can use.

If kiddo keeps up with the lessons and shows some talent, THEN buy one!

~signed, the mother of a child who has a ukulele she's barely touched - but OH how she begged for it!

I know but he’s a lefty and I can’t find a small one to borrow... I guess if he doesn’t use it one of his siblings may? Was thinking it’d be a good lockdown activity.

Siriusly?

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 2:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
What does that mean ? All items from regular amazon are available?
What does it mean have to keep order under $75? So you can just divide smaller purchases up an do separate orders?
How would you return items to Amazon if ordered in Israel? I am assuming no free return shipping.

Is the Amazon free shipping to Israel up and running again? Last I heard it was stopped at the beginning of corona...

Teomima

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 4:51 pm
Siriusly? wrote:
Is the Amazon free shipping to Israel up and running again? Last I heard it was stopped at the beginning of corona...

Nope, not free. But on many products the shipping fee is still worth it.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:03 am
So only items fulfilled by amazon can be ordered for reasonable shipping?
And return shipping also cost money?

Teomima

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:39 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So only items fulfilled by amazon can be ordered for reasonable shipping?
And return shipping also cost money?

I wouldn't order anything from Amazon that you might be returning.

Fortunately most anything is available in Israel these days. If you want to find a cheaper version, it's easy to order from China or the UK with free/minimum delivery. I wouldn't order anything from abroad that I might return, with the possible exception of clothes from Next, but even then I try to avoid it.

Amazon with free delivery was a lovely perk while it lasted, and I'll still order things sometimes, when the shipping fee is reasonable, but I don't absolutely count on it for anything.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 6:43 am
So where can you order things within Israel?
How do people manage finding time to do all there clothing shopping without online ordering? Doesnt that take a lot of time and difficult if have to bring multiple kids with you?

Teomima

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
How do people manage finding time to do all there clothing shopping without online ordering? Doesnt that take a lot of time and difficult if have to bring multiple kids with you?

It depends on what you need. I know my kids sizes so I'll pick up what I can myself at Children's Place, Fox, etc, or take them there myself (pre-covid). TerminalX (an Israeli site) is a way to order these brands plus others like Gap (no actual stores left here I think but you can still get it online) and American Eagle Outfitters, plus others. H&O has some Carter's items, often with good sales, plus there's a few actual Carter's stores. Clothes I do sometimes order from Next Direct which has free shipping and I've even done returns though you have to pay shipping yourself so it's not always worth it. Some clothes, like my own underwear, I still get from Amazon but I know exactly what I want and for me it's worth the shipping. I don't buy clothes for the kids from Amazon.

But then again, I've been in this country a LOOONG time. In my mind everything we can get here now/locally online is downright luxurious compared to how it used to be. I can respect though how it might be a big adjustment for many.

essie14

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I don't bring my 3 year old with me, especially now with covid. I know what will fit her.
I order most of her clothes from Next and Carters Israel. occasionally ali Express, terminal x. Other stores that you can order online from are Golf and delta.

For my older son- Fox in person and the other mall stores, and Next.
When we used to have people constantly coming from the US I would order from lands end.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions