Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Apologizing out of the blue

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:02 pm
So this almost feels silly.
Basically back in primary school at-least 10+ Years ago I very much butted heads with a classmate and I don’t particularly know the trigger but ultimately got the girl in trouble. I don’t recall the “punishment” or anything but in the process there was a lot of lying and denying that I was the one that told on her and as a result there was a large amount of cyberbullying on both of our parts. I guess it sorta died down as our circles did not cross as we were no longer in school together. Over the last few years we have had more overlap and began interacting more, as we have been interacting more the nagging Of I wronged her and That I should apologize gets greater.
A piece of me is like it’s important to apologize but at the same time , she might not even know that it was me and by sharing that, I don’t know if it will disturb the mutual friendship we have been developing. (Also I’m in touch with her over Instagram, and that’s where the outreach would occur)

I am also more apprehensive because there was once a similar situation where there was drama between another girl and it created more stress as she denied that she remembered anything occurring and it destroyed any lukewarm feelings.

Please don’t rip me.

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:46 pm
I would apologize.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:54 pm
I apologized at age 19 for something I did in 8th grade. I'm now 27 and I still feel so happy and relieved that I did that. She was very receptive and gracious to me.

malki2

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 10:55 pm
It’s never too late to apologize.

seeker

Post Mon, Sep 14 2020, 11:47 pm
AYLOR. If she does not know how you wronged her (it's not so clear in your story, sounds like you got her in trouble but denied that you did it so presumably she's not sure it was ever you?) then it might be rechilus to "tell" on yourself.

If you do feel the need to say something, you can keep it general. "You know, as we've been seeing more of each other lately I'm remembering how we used to butt heads back in school and I feel really sorry about that."
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur