Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Raw poultry safety

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:32 pm
I know you are never supposed to use the same utensil for raw and cooked chicken without washing, but what about bowls or utensils that get washed with soap and hot water? Can I use those after they’ve been washed with cooked chicken or is it still not recommended?

tichellady

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:43 pm
Not sure I get the question I assume people don’t toss utensils every time they cook raw chicken. Wash well and reuse

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:45 pm
I don’t mean toss in between. I mean should I have a designated cutting board or bowl that I always use for raw poultry or can I use the same bowls and cutting boards for raw and cooked so long as they are washed between uses

amother
Smokey

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 7:53 pm
I don't know about cutting boards but I definitely use the same dishes and utensils

MiracleMama

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:06 pm
Yes. Wash well and use for whatever you like. Cutting boards are the only things that can be tricky. Harder to clean with all those tiny knives grooves. I use wood cutting boards for everything but raw meat. I have those flexible disposable type for that which I run in the dishwasher and throw out and replace after several uses.

ChanieMommy

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 8:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I know you are never supposed to use the same utensil for raw and cooked chicken without washing, but what about bowls or utensils that get washed with soap and hot water? Can I use those after they’ve been washed with cooked chicken or is it still not recommended?

Once you washed them with soap and hot water, it's OK, dishwasher is even better, because dishwasher really reaches desinfecting temperatures that would burn your hands.

BetsyTacy

Post Tue, Sep 15 2020, 9:41 pm
I agree with MiracleMama. Wash and reuse, but for cuttingboards, I would not be happy using the same one for cooked and uncooked poultry-but I have old cuttingboards.

Ruchel

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 9:25 am
Americans are extremely touchy to poultry
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen