Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Are you a coffee drinker?
Previous  1  2

SuperWify

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 9:32 am
PinkFridge wrote:
I always marvel at characters in books, etc. who drink coffee at night. Then sleep like rocks.

That’s me. Caffeine doesn’t effect me.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:48 am
amother [ Aqua ] wrote:
No, ma’am!
Coffee tastes like burnt dirt. And the only thing worse than burnt dirt is HOT burnt dirt. Bleh.

You are obviously referring to instant...

Try Hawaiian kona kcups
If its not the best thing you tasted
Go to a doctor and get your taste glands tested lol

mha3484

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:52 am
I enjoy coffee very much. I try to not have any past 4pm if I want to go to sleep by 10 but I have also found that if I am tired enough no amount of caffeine will really help. At some point it starts to have diminishing returns. There are afternoons I will have some coffee at 5-6pm so I can do a ton of housework or go out to an event and I am still yawning by 9 or 10 pm.

tigerwife

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:55 am
I have one with breakfast, a late lunch and a last one at about 5-7pm. Sometimes I’ll skip the second or third (but never both!). I do go to sleep really late.

Shabbos afternoon revolves around when I will finally be milchig for my coffee as I do not prefer milk replacements.

amother
Aqua

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 12:02 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
You are obviously referring to instant...

Try Hawaiian kona kcups
If its not the best thing you tasted
Go to a doctor and get your taste glands tested lol

Ew ew ew instant is repulsive.
I’m actually referring to fresh ground coffee. So kcups, French press, pour over, etc. My husband is known for making the best coffee, and I gag on it.
I’m a super picky eater! It comes back to bite me when I’m sleep deprived and can’t do anything about it!

BadTichelDay

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 12:12 pm
I'm not a coffee drinker, I'm a caffeine addict. At least in the mornings. I can't wake up properly without my caffeine fix. On the minor fast days, I tend to get up before the fast starts, like at 04:00 a.m., to have my coffee. On YK and Tisha b'Av I suffer incredible headaches. I've found no pharmacy that sells caffeine suppositories here in Israel (if anyone has, please tell me).
In the evening I sometimes drink a small cup of coffee if I find I don't have enough energy to do the evening routine and bring the kids to bed.
I can sleep after that, no problem.
And I don't like the taste of coffee. I merely want the wake-up-and-energize effect.

shanie5

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:51 pm
I don't like coffee. Not the drink nor the flavor. I don't do coffee ice cream, coffee yogurt, coffee candy, or flavor anything with it.
Coffee cake is great-as long as I don't have to drink the coffee its supposed to go with.

mamma llama

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 4:30 pm
I don't drink coffee because it's impossible for me to do so and sit still.
Forget Red Bull - coffee gives me wings...! Dancing

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 12:12 am
I love my coffee! I usually have a hot one right when I wake up and an iced one mid-morning. Sometimes I’ll have another in the afternoon if I’m exhausted and don’t have energy for the house and kids...drinking coffee is emotional for me- I feel like I’m having a moment when I drink my coffee. It gives me pure pleasure and it’s something I get to do just for myself every morning Smile
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics