Home

Math and logic riddle thread
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:30 pm
malki2 wrote:
That’s one of the 2 solutions.

I thought I’d get away with 1 answer Wink
Let’s see

Hidden: 

Fill up 3 put into 5. Fill 3 put 2 into 5 stay with 1. Spill 5 put 1 in. Fill 3 and add to 5 jug. Walla you have 4!
Back to top

pause




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:31 pm
ChanieMommy wrote:
But how would you formulate the riddle?

Here's the answer to the light bulb one:
Hidden: 

Turn the first switch on and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then turn it off. Then turn on the second switch and enter the room. If the light is now on - you know it's the second switch. If the light is off, feel the bulb. If it's warm - you know it's the first switch. If none of the above - you know it's the third (untouched) switch.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:32 pm
pause wrote:
Here's the answer to the light bulb one:
Hidden: 

Turn the first switch on and leave it on for 10 minutes. Then turn it off. Then turn on the second switch and enter the room. If the light is now on - you know it's the second switch. If the light is off, feel the bulb. If it's warm - you know it's the first switch. If none of the above - you know it's the third (untouched) switch.

Now the answer makes perfect sense Thumbs Up
Back to top

tigerwife




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:34 pm
tigerwife wrote:
You are standing outside a closed door with three light switches. Inside the room there is a single lightbulb. Only one switch can be turned on when you enter the room. How do you know which switch turns the light on?


Oops, I completely forgot to post the answer 🙈
I’m posting from mobile and can’t figure out how to hide the answer so

*spoiler alert*

Skip the first light switch.
Turn on the second switch for one minute, then turn it off again.
Turn on the third light and leave it on.

Open the door.
If the light is currently on, the third switch is correct.
If the light is currently off, feel the bulb.
If it’s cold, the first switch is correct. If it’s warm, it’s the second switch.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:36 pm
Btw the answer isn’t so fair. Because we were told you can only turn on one. But ok. I won’t ask for extra credit for that one.
As much as I like riddles, I hate working on them and then finding out that I used my brain power for naught.
Back to top

malki2




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:49 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
I thought I’d get away with 1 answer Wink
Let’s see

Hidden: 

Fill up 3 put into 5. Fill 3 put 2 into 5 stay with 1. Spill 5 put 1 in. Fill 3 and add to 5 jug. Walla you have 4!


Extra credit for you today!
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:25 pm
malki2 wrote:
Extra credit for you today!

This was easy. Was on the regular test. Didn’t get the extra credit locker one.
Back to top

pause




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:42 pm
You have a jug of wine and an equal size jug of milk. You take a spoonful of the wine and pour it into the milk. We'll assume it mixes in and distributes evenly. Then you take a spoonful of the milk (that has a spoonful of wine in it) and you put it into the wine jug. Which jug has more of the other liquid mixed into it?

Hidden: 

Equal parts of wine in the milk and milk in the wine.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:54 pm
Hidden: 

The milk has more of wine
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:55 pm
Now I see our answers are different. I wonder why you said that.
Back to top

pause




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:01 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Now I see our answers are different. I wonder why you said that.

It's logic. Why did you say the answer you did? Once you elaborate, I can explain where the reasoning is faulty.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:40 pm
pause wrote:
It's logic. Why did you say the answer you did? Once you elaborate, I can explain where the reasoning is faulty.


I thought it over long and hard and I decided you’re right. Good one!
Back to top

tothepoint




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:11 pm
https://I.imgur.com/cF2wrbe.jpg
Back to top

malki2




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:12 pm
pause wrote:
You have a jug of wine and an equal size jug of milk. You take a spoonful of the wine and pour it into the milk. We'll assume it mixes in and distributes evenly. Then you take a spoonful of the milk (that has a spoonful of wine in it) and you put it into the wine jug. Which jug has more of the other liquid mixed into it?

Hidden: 

Equal parts of wine in the milk and milk in the wine.


Hidden: 

Same.
(But then I also saw the answer when I quoted your riddle)
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:13 pm
malki2 wrote:
Hidden: 

Same.
(But then I also saw the answer when I quoted your riddle)

That’s why I wrote my answer without quoting. It’s annoying to see it when you’re writing.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:16 pm
tothepoint wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/cF2wrbe.jpg


Hidden: 

79?
Back to top

tothepoint




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:22 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Hidden: 

79?


Try again Tongue Out
Back to top

mommyla




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:26 pm
tothepoint wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/cF2wrbe.jpg

50


Last edited by mommyla on Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top

pause




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:28 pm
tothepoint wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/cF2wrbe.jpg

No fair! I can't see the image. My filter doesn't let it through.
Back to top

BatyaEsther




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 11:31 pm
tothepoint wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/cF2wrbe.jpg

17?
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 67, 68, 69  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 3 of 69 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games

Related Topics Replies Last Post
What is your immediate reaction to thread titles (Part 3) 3413 Yesterday at 4:14 pm View last post
Sequential Thread Titles... 1823 Sun, Jan 24 2021, 1:39 pm View last post
Matching Thread Titles to Usernames
by mimivan
1520 Sun, Jan 24 2021, 9:52 am View last post
The No Response Thread
by pause
448 Sat, Jan 23 2021, 7:39 pm View last post
Gardening thread! Please join!
by amother
34 Tue, Jan 19 2021, 7:46 pm View last post