Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games
Math and logic riddle thread
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 67  68  69  Next

rgh

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:31 pm
pause wrote:
It's logic. Why did you say the answer you did? Once you elaborate, I can explain where the reasoning is faulty.

There is more milk in the wine because there is a full spoonful of milk in the wine.

There is a sponful wine in the milk too, but a slight amount got removed when putting it back into the wine.

No? I have a headache.

rgh

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:35 pm
Oops, so by the same token the spoonful of milk wasn't full because some of it was wine.

Brilliant.

ETA: I see extra credit make the same mistake the other way around. So cool how different people thought processes work differently.

Last edited by rgh on Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

pause

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:36 pm
rgh wrote:
There is more milk in the wine because there is a full spoonful of milk in the wine.

There is a sponful wine in the milk too, but a slight amount got removed when putting it back into the wine.

No? I have a headache.

There isn't a full spoonful of milk in the wine because when you removed a spoonful of wine to put back into the milk, you took a slight amount of the milk along with the wine and put it back into the milk.
Got it?

pause

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:37 pm
rgh wrote:
Oops, so by the same token the spoonful of milk wasn't full because some of it was wine.

Brilliant.

Yup. There ya go!

malki2

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:38 pm
tothepoint wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/cF2wrbe.jpg

Hidden: 

tothepoint

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:39 pm
Ok ladies I’m going to sleep while you rack your poor brains on the equation. Will be back tomorrow with the answer!
Hint: take a closer look at the little details

rgh

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:39 pm
pause wrote:
There isn't a full spoonful of milk in the wine because when you removed a spoonful of wine to put back into the milk, you took a slight amount of the milk along with the wine and put it back into the milk.
Got it?

Crossposted lol. Good riddle. Layla tov so I can have brain energy for more tomorrow.

tothepoint

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:40 pm
pause wrote:
No fair! I can't see the image. My filter doesn't let it through.

So sorry, help me figure out how to copy paste an image

pause

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:40 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Btw I like that you don’t write the answer on the same post as the question because hidden content can be seen when you quote. When I write the answer I don’t want to see right away whether I was right. I’d rather first post then check.
So whoever posts a riddle either wait for someone to get it or write the answer on a separate post with hidden content. Please. Thank you.

I didn't know this until now. Thank you!
Will be back tomorrow iy"H with some more. My kids love these things, so we have quite an accumulation by now. Smile

tothepoint

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:41 pm
malki2 wrote:
Hidden: 

Nopes Dancing

steak4me

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:44 pm
tothepoint wrote:
https://I.imgur.com/cF2wrbe.jpg

Set of two shoes is 20. So each shoe is ten
Each man is 5
Glasses is 2
Glove is 20

Now remember PEMDAS
So pay close attention. The man is wearing glasses 2
Two gloves 40
Two shoes 20
So 5+2+40+20=67
Multiply that by 2 for the glasses = 134
Add only ten because it’s one shoe and your correct total is 144
You’re welcome

tothepoint

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:45 pm
You have 9 marbles all weighing the same but one. Can you find out which marble weighs more by using a balancing scale twice?

tothepoint

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:46 pm
steak4me wrote:
Set of two shoes is 20. So each shoe is ten
Each man is 5
Glasses is 2
Glove is 20

Now remember PEMDAS
So pay close attention. The man is wearing glasses 2
Two gloves 40
Two shoes 20
So 5+2+40+20=67
Multiply that by 2 for the glasses = 134
Add only ten because it’s one shoe and your correct total is 144
You’re welcome

Applause Applause

malki2

pause wrote:
Got it?

You can prove it mathematically by changing to jugs to liters and making the the spoon half a liter. So when you took out half a liter of wine and put it in the milk, there is 1.5 liters of liquid in the milk jug of which 2/3 is milk and 1/3 is wine. Then you take half a liter which is that same ratio out and then put it back in the milk jug which had half a liter of milk in it. So the milk jug has 2/3 liters milk, 1/3 liters wine. The wine jug has the original .5 liter plus the second .5 which was 2/3 milk and 1/3 wine making it a total of 2/3 liters wine, 1/3 liters milk.

pause

Couldn't control myself from posting one more:

A train from NY to Atlanta takes 12 hours. Trains leave NY bound for Atlanta and also leave Atlanta bound for NY - every hour on the hour. If a person gets onto the noon train in NY heading towards Atlanta, in the 12 hours that he will be sitting on the train until his midnight arrival, how many NY-bound trains will he pass?

pause

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:47 pm
Here's the answer:
Hidden: 

24 trains.

malki2

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:50 pm
tothepoint wrote:
Nopes Dancing

My bad, I did it too quickly and didn’t see the multiplication sign. It’s
Hidden: 

Actually I see now that the man is wearing all types of stuff. I didn’t realize it was a trick riddle. Good one.

steak4me

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:57 pm
tothepoint wrote:
You have 9 marbles all weighing the same but one. Can you find out which marble weighs more by using a balancing scale twice?

Divide into three groups of three

Leave one off. Put the other two one. If they balance out go on the one left off.

Then divide the heavier group into 2 and 1 and then If it balances out it’s the one. But if it doesn’t then I’m not sure lol. Bec then you don’t know which of the two is heavier 🤷🏻‍♀️

steak4me

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 9:00 pm
steak4me wrote:
Divide into three groups of three

Leave one off. Put the other two one. If they balance out go on the one left off.

Then divide the heavier group into 2 and 1 and then If it balances out it’s the one. But if it doesn’t then I’m not sure lol. Bec then you don’t know which of the two is heavier 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hold on. Don’t weigh it like that. When you know which of the three weigh only one on each side. Leave one down. If it balances out you know it’s the one you left down and if not you see which one is heavier. Now I can sleep!

malki2

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 9:04 pm
tothepoint wrote:

Yes. You make 3 groups of 3. Put one group min each scale. If they balance, the marble is in the 3rd group. If not, it is on one of the groups. Take the group with the marble and put one each on the scale. If they balance, it is the 3rd one. If they don’t balance, it is the heavier one.
Page 4 of 69   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 67  68  69  Next Recent Topics