Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Am I alone in this?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 12:49 pm
BH I have two kids, 3yo and 1yo. 3yo was in school before covid, but for now we're all home together (I am lucky to be able to be home with them). I love them, KaH they're very well-behaved and sweet, and when I think about having older kids I imagine having more. But when I think about being pregnant and having to go through the infant / toddler stages again... I just don't want to.

I come from a family of 3 kids, and I think if I wasn't frum I would probably want to be done. Has anyone else felt like this? Did it go away for you?

After my first, I wanted to have another baby already 6m pp. This time, I haven't even considered it, every time I think about another baby I feel so overwhelmed.

We don't have any family nearby and visiting with them is often super expensive and a lot of work. When they come to us they expect to be hosted, so we don't have very much of a support system.

I have also found that I enjoy parenting more as my oldest gets older, and I don't really like the baby phase. I can see that I will enjoy spending time with them more when we can have deeper conversations. Being tender doesn't come naturally to me but I think it's very important especially for babies and toddlers, so it takes a lot of emotional energy for me to parent these ages.

My first pregnancy was very difficult but my second was a breeze, so I don't think that's the problem.

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 1:45 pm
Maybe take a longer break? Your baby is only 1. It’s normal to not be ready for another one yet.
Also, you don’t need to have another one. You do you. Some people don’t feel like they’re done until they’re body goes “nope. Menopause time.” And some people are done after one or 2. No pressure.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics