Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Realistic exercise routines

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 3:51 pm
We are both so super busy all the time, but very much want to start exercising and get more fit, for health and just to feel better. What have you and your husband been able to do consistently? Even with a busy schedule.

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:32 pm
The Five Tibetan Rites. Easy to start and to do, and they say that there are great benefits to doing them.

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:35 pm
I hate running and exercise videos. I bought a recumbent exercise bike any it is so passively easy for me. No matter what I can ride for 15-20 minutes while I watch a show or even while kids are playing in the room cuz I'm present. Sitting down while exercising has changed exercise to be manageable for me.
I got a cheap bike from Walmart

you can also download 7 minute workout or similar apps and start with just a few minutes a day of simple exercises to get into shape which will inspire you to do more.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:44 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
I hate running and exercise videos. I bought a recumbent exercise bike any it is so passively easy for me. No matter what I can ride for 15-20 minutes while I watch a show or even while kids are playing in the room cuz I'm present. Sitting down while exercising has changed exercise to be manageable for me.
I got a cheap bike from Walmart

you can also download 7 minute workout or similar apps and start with just a few minutes a day of simple exercises to get into shape which will inspire you to do more.

Do you feel like the bike is making a difference in how you feel in general?

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 5:58 pm
Do you like to dance, and are you ok with secular music? Check out Gina B on Youtube. She has tons of videos, many 15-20 minutes. They are basically walking workouts to music, with some dance steps sprinkled in. Nothing is hard to follow. Her music is awesome--she has some with 90s music, some 80s, some country, Abba, etc. The workouts are much simpler than what I usually do, but the music is so energizing I find them a good workout. You can work at your own level. I do 2 or 3 at a shot, but if you're just starting out you might find doing one a few times a week to work well.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:06 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
Do you like to dance, and are you ok with secular music? Check out Gina B on Youtube. She has tons of videos, many 15-20 minutes. They are basically walking workouts to music, with some dance steps sprinkled in. Nothing is hard to follow. Her music is awesome--she has some with 90s music, some 80s, some country, Abba, etc. The workouts are much simpler than what I usually do, but the music is so energizing I find them a good workout. You can work at your own level. I do 2 or 3 at a shot, but if you're just starting out you might find doing one a few times a week to work well.

Thanks!

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Do you feel like the bike is making a difference in how you feel in general?

Yes! My heart rate is pumping, my legs are strong, it gets me going and makes me feel great. But you have to find what speaks to you. I'm really lazy so this was best for me

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:25 pm
I bought a Fitbit this summer and I feel its really changed my habits. I'm constantly concisous of how active I am/or not and when I see midday that my steps are not high I make an extra effort to get up and move.
In addition to that I make myself exercise every single night, no matter what. Some days it's a 10 minute workout lying on the floor, but making sure I do it every night keeps the habit going

crl

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:31 pm
I started with a personal trainer/coach about 6 weeks ago. It’s hard but she gave me circuits to do 3-4x a week that last 15-20 minutes and I see a TON of progress in terms of fitness. I have to wake up earlier but my husband and kids know my workout is nonnegotiable and if they interrupt, they have to join!

amother
Pink

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 9:51 pm
I do the Walk at Home program with Leslie Sansone. She has YouTube workouts that are just 15 minutes long, but they give you a pretty good workout. It's a great place to start and then work your way up from there.

Again, as others said, you need to find what works for you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise