Home

103.8 in a 9 month old-update
Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


pause




 
 
 
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:15 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bh that's one thing. He's still nursing. In fact he's nursing sessions are much longer than usual. He usually nurses for no more than 3-4 min now he's a good 6-7 min constantly sucking.

This doesn't sound like an ear infection to me. My kids avoid swallowing and nursing when they have an ear infection.

Is it possible your child is teething? My kids get fever and nurse extra long when teething. And the biting that you mentioned also made me think of teething.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:22 pm
pause wrote:
This doesn't sound like an ear infection to me. My kids avoid swallowing and nursing when they have an ear infection.

Is it possible your child is teething? My kids get fever and nurse extra long when teething. And the biting that you mentioned also made me think of teething.

My baby has had an ear infection in the past and he nursed regularly the entire time. I had one kid that dropped the nursing. She had an ear infection for 3 weeks and my Dr refused to treat it . She didn't wanna nurse from the pain leading to wean herself. That experience has taught me a whl lot. What I'm gonna do if it's gonna be an ear infection tom? I dunno but chances are I will not "let it run its course". I wanna try to work on his immune system to prevent this from happening again.
Back to top

amother




Khaki
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:27 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby has had an ear infection in the past and he nursed regularly the entire time. I had one kid that dropped the nursing. She had an ear infection for 3 weeks and my Dr refused to treat it . She didn't wanna nurse from the pain leading to wean herself. That experience has taught me a whl lot. What I'm gonna do if it's gonna be an ear infection tom? I dunno but chances are I will not "let it run its course". I wanna try to work on his immune system to prevent this from happening again.

Would you rub some oils around his ear or put a garlic to see if that helps?

Also, poster above teething doesn’t usually cause such high fevers
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Wed, Sep 16 2020, 10:36 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
Would you rub some oils around his ear or put a garlic to see if that helps?

Also, poster above teething doesn’t usually cause such high fevers

A sibling of mine is very into these oils. I thought abt it today just as a passing thought. Didn't do much with the thought though. Maybe tomorrow I'll go into a health food store and get something.
Back to top

Mama Bear




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 17 2020, 12:02 am
He's possibly teething!
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post  Thu, Sep 17 2020, 12:21 am
I second the CBC recommendation
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Sep 17 2020, 6:53 am
So now I'm really confused. All night he was totally fever free. Untill now. I feel stupid going back or maybe wait another day. It's not 104. He was even up at 530 all fine and dandy. I guess I'll decide over the next few hrs. I guess I also keep on eye on how he's acting.
ETA: the last time I gave him Tylenol was at 930 and Motrin at 730. I didn't need to give him around the clock cuz he was totally fine. Waking up to nurse as usual. These tiny little creatures love to keep us on our toes and make sure our schedule evolves all around them.
Back to top

gold21




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:06 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So now I'm really confused. All night he was totally fever free. Untill now. I feel stupid going back or maybe wait another day. It's not 104. He was even up at 530 all fine and dandy. I guess I'll decide over the next few hrs. I guess I also keep on eye on how he's acting.
ETA: the last time I gave him Tylenol was at 930 and Motrin at 730. I didn't need to give him around the clock cuz he was totally fine. Waking up to nurse as usual. These tiny little creatures love to keep us on our toes and make sure our schedule evolves all around them.


Yeah, if the fever broke overnight, I would say you probably have nothing to worry about, but I guess you'll see how the day goes. Glad to hear it! B"H.

The garlic clove thing for ear infections sounds pretty cool though. But sounds like you may not be needing it. Natural fixes sit a lot better with me than the "wait it out" ideology. I'm not a "wait it out" person. Garlic clove idea sounds super cool and worth a shot if relevant.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:44 am
gold21 wrote:
Yeah, if the fever broke overnight, I would say you probably have nothing to worry about, but I guess you'll see how the day goes. Glad to hear it! B"H.

The garlic clove thing for ear infections sounds pretty cool though. But sounds like you may not be needing it. Natural fixes sit a lot better with me than the "wait it out" ideology. I'm not a "wait it out" person. Garlic clove idea sounds super cool and worth a shot if relevant.

I'm so happy to see that somebody "gets" me. I hate the "wait it out" approach. He's definitely feeling better now. I'm not running yet. I'll take it hr by hr.
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:08 am
OP, you're a good mom!

I would RUN to the doctor with a fever like that. I'm "that mother" who drives the doctors crazy. I don't care. That's what they get paid for.

DD always ran really high fevers when she was teething. The pediatrician told me it was an old wives' tale, but DD thought differently. She's always pop up a few more teeth within 2 days of running a fever.

She got her first teeth at 3 and a half months. Surprised

I remember when she was around 5, and she was running so hot, it really scared me. She was laying down in front of a video, hardly watching. She was wearing nothing but her underwear, and still sweating. She was so lethargic that when I put a cold wet washcloth across her belly she didn't even react.

Just as I was reaching for the phone to call the doctor, she popped up and showed me that her first baby tooth had fallen out! I didn't even know that it was loose, because she never mentioned it.

Suddenly she was clear eyed, her temp was coming down, and within an hour she wanted to go outside and play. She wanted to show off to all of her friends that she's lost her first tooth. Very Happy

I must have gotten a dozen gray hairs that day. At wits end

B'H, that's the worst fever she's ever had. Even when she's down with the flu, she's not that hot.

Refuah Sheliemah to your little one. I hope it turns out to be something easily fixable, and he's back to normal ASAP.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:04 pm
My baby is bh feeling a lot better but decided to go to the Dr cuz he still has a fever and it's yt so I can't "wait another day" and it's an ear infection. So glad I took the hr off my chaotic house.
Back to top

gold21




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby is bh feeling a lot better but decided to go to the Dr cuz he still has a fever and it's yt so I can't "wait another day" and it's an ear infection. So glad I took the hr off my chaotic house.


Oh man, did he give you antibiotics?
Back to top

amother




Smokey
 

Post  Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:42 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My baby is bh feeling a lot better but decided to go to the Dr cuz he still has a fever and it's yt so I can't "wait another day" and it's an ear infection. So glad I took the hr off my chaotic house.


Yay! In my opinion ear infections are the best illness because they're easy to diagnose, easy to treat and not contagious.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:09 pm
gold21 wrote:
Oh man, did he give you antibiotics?

Yes
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:10 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
Yay! In my opinion ear infections are the best illness because they're easy to diagnose, easy to treat and not contagious.

Exactly my thoughts.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:11 pm
gold21 wrote:
Oh man, did he give you antibiotics?

Im not shocked at all. One ear cleared up on its own and the other became infected from the fluid. It can happen either way. Last time it turned into a bad double. It's the teething stage. Now I'm left working on his immune system to hopefully prevent it from happening again.
Back to top
Previous  1, 2, 3 Recent Topics

Page 3 of 3 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Children's Health

Related Topics Replies Last Post
When do I need to register 15 month old for daycare and who
by amother
0 Today at 1:21 pm View last post
What do 18 month old girls wear to weddings?
by amother
18 Today at 12:27 am View last post
Outfit for 18 month old for wedding?
by amother
5 Sun, Oct 18 2020, 6:51 pm View last post
Is my 4 month old baby eating too much :(
by amother
20 Wed, Sep 30 2020, 8:51 pm View last post
9 month old baby stung by scorpion 0 Tue, Sep 29 2020, 5:47 pm View last post