Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid & Rosh HaShana

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:44 pm
My oldest son goes to a small yeshiva where quite a few of the boys have covid including his chavrusa. Ds tested negative Sunday, learned with chavrusa Sunday, then chavrusa became symptomatic Monday and hasn’t been back to yeshiva. Ds is of the won’t wear masks crowd, but willing Quarantine, although I don’t know if he realized that would overlap Rosh Hashana. I don’t want to get sick for several reasons. Anyone have experience quarantining one family member. Is it possible to do a meal “together” . Honestly there are people that would have him as a guest and I could stay home with the kids. Who knows who else in our community has it and a lot of people have kids that will be traveling in. Confused

Java

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:46 pm
Please don't pawn him off on someone else... your kid your responsibility. Why don't you ask your doctor what you guys should do? There are ways to work this out. you wouldn't want to be responsible for someone getting covid and dying ch"v, would you?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:58 pm
bananas4bananas wrote:
Please don't pawn him off on someone else... your kid your responsibility. Why don't you ask your doctor what you guys should do? There are ways to work this out. you wouldn't want to be responsible for someone getting covid and dying ch"v, would you?
while you are correct, he would only go to people who are informed about the situation and welcome him anyway. It’s not really me pawning him off it’s more so I can control him or his friends (adults) and he will likely want to see them over yontif. I’ll ask my doctor but doctor is closed and want to hear from others until then.

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 6:59 pm
What would be the point of sending this possibly infected child elsewhere, to be with other people?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:07 pm
How would you quarantine in the house?

amother
Cyan

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

There are ways, your doctor can tell you. Shuffle some kids around, he stays in a room by himself and is left food on a tray. There's a lot of sanitizing in the bathroom. My neighbors had to do it and only one other person in the house caught it.

Elfrida

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 7:21 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

According to Israeli regulations, he would remain in a separate room, preferably with an attached bathroom. If there is no private bathroom, he warns people before he comes out to use the bathroom, and the rest of the family keep their distance and wear masks (as does he) while he is out of the room. He should shower after everyone else at night, and wipe down the bathroom afterwards. His meals are left on a tray by the door, by the same person each time. This person also picks up the trays later. Ideally use disposable dishes.

Rosh HaShana will be hard, because he can't go to shul. If anyone can blow shofar for him at home that would help. He should not blow for himself unless there is no option, because that would spread virus particles very rapidly. If he does have to blow for himself, he should stand by an open window.

It probably all sounds a bit extreme by American standards. Thousands of families have done it, and in many cases the rest if the family have remained virus free.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Sep 16 2020, 8:14 pm
My single brother is in quarantine. He lives at home and is the only member of the households who is required to quarantine. He will be spending RH on his room. As he spends his days during the week. When no one is home he leaves his room with a mask.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics