Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Covid positive
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:48 pm
I just tested positive for covid. Caught it from my son who got it in school. A kid in his class supposedly got it when they went to the bungalow last week with a big kiddush where many people got it. Now the entire class can’t go to shul rh, 4 kids in the class got it that I know of, another classmates parents got it.... I’m really sad. Just feel like I’ve tried so hard to be careful to protect my family, but if other families Aren’t careful, this is where we end up. BH I’m feeling pretty mild symptoms right now, but of course I’m worried. And feel terrible that my family will prob not have the best yt. Anybody else going into rh in quarantine? How can I make it a positive experience?

Reality

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:51 pm
I'm so sorry!! Refuah Shelaimah!!!

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:53 pm
Refuah sheleima real quick. Where are you located?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:53 pm
Brooklyn

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:55 pm
So sorry to hear. I hope you feel better very soon. Unfortunately, we have no way to control people who are not interested in being careful, at least here in ny. Try to use nice disposable dishes to make the mood more festive. I wish I knew you, I would send you flowers. Which community do you live in?

Wishing you the best. Hashem should send you a healthy happy new year.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 8:58 pm
Refuah Shelaima!! Try to stay centered and focused on your family and just try to enjoy spending time together. May it be a kapara and may you have a happy, healthy, sweet new year!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:00 pm
Awww that is so touching. I literally am tearing up. BH I was able to order flowers and nice disposables too! Once my son got sick I had a feeling this might happen so I prepared as much as I could. Now hopefully the kids/husband will be able to figure out how to defrost and heat up the food but it’s basically all ready. Thank Gd for that! And I dragged myself down to the basement to do laundry tonite so we should have what we need to stay home 😬

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:17 pm
Wow, refua shleima and I hope that you can get some rest. See if you can eat chicken soup because it might help you feel better.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:24 pm
Op you'll iyh get thru this. Hopefully your symptoms wont get any worse. Refuah shelaima and a Simchas yomtov . the main is we should have a gut gebentched healthy wealthy year.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:37 pm
OP - if you're comfortable posting, can you let us know which school (and grade) this is? I'm the OP of the thread listing schools in Flatbush/BP that are in quarantine and have been trying to stay on top of it since I don't fully trust the administrations of my kid's schools.

Or if you don't want to post it publicly, would you please email it to me at rivkys613@gmail.com?

shanarishona

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 10:30 pm
Refuah shelaima! I hope it stays really mild! A gut gebentched yahr!

amother
Bisque

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 10:55 pm
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
OP - if you're comfortable posting, can you let us know which school (and grade) this is? I'm the OP of the thread listing schools in Flatbush/BP that are in quarantine and have been trying to stay on top of it since I don't fully trust the administrations of my kid's schools.

Or if you don't want to post it publicly, would you please email it to me at rivkys613@gmail.com?

Where is that thread ? I would like to see it too .

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 11:01 pm
It looks like my family will be in quarantine too.
Our rav in shul requested that whoever didn’t have the virus yet, to please get tested so we can arrange minyanim like that.
I tested negative. My husband tested positive. With zero symptoms.
So now I am on a cooking marathon. Trying to cook for Yom Tov and stock up the freezer. I know it’s harsh to say, but If I am supposed to get it, I hope I get it now and not in 2 weeks from now. I really don’t want to be stuck at home so long.
As to where he might have caught it. A very close family member works in a doctors office. He has been working there for awhile and never got the virus. But now it looks like he might have brought it home. You can’t be too careful. With this reasoning, I should keep all my kids home from school for the next few months just because of this family member who is exposed to it on a daily basis. And he never got the virus himself.

So my neighbor offered to buy challos for me. And as for the rest. Will be whatever will be. That’s all I can say.
Hope for the best and refuah sheleima to all

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 11:17 pm
I had it very bad in April. So far I’m hearing that people who are getting corona now, are getting it in a much more mild form. Let’s hope it stays that way.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 11:22 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
It looks like my family will be in quarantine too.
Our rav in shul requested that whoever didn’t have the virus yet, to please get tested so we can arrange minyanim like that.
I tested negative. My husband tested positive. With zero symptoms.
So now I am on a cooking marathon. Trying to cook for Yom Tov and stock up the freezer. I know it’s harsh to say, but If I am supposed to get it, I hope I get it now and not in 2 weeks from now. I really don’t want to be stuck at home so long.
As to where he might have caught it. A very close family member works in a doctors office. He has been working there for awhile and never got the virus. But now it looks like he might have brought it home. You can’t be too careful. With this reasoning, I should keep all my kids home from school for the next few months just because of this family member who is exposed to it on a daily basis. And he never got the virus himself.

So my neighbor offered to buy challos for me. And as for the rest. Will be whatever will be. That’s all I can say.
Hope for the best and refuah sheleima to all

This prooves what I've been thinking lately...we will all get it sooner or later!
It's impossible to be vigilant on the long term with a virus that is asymptomatic on half of the population!
I almost regret not getting it by the first wave when my husband got it!
My consolation is that it looks like the strain of the virus right now is not as strong and drs know more about treating it!
If c"v someone gets sick in the family I hope we all get it at the same time!!

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 11:25 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
Where is that thread ? I would like to see it too .

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....03672

amother
White

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 11:32 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
This prooves what I've been thinking lately...we will all get it sooner or later!
It's impossible to be vigilant on the long term with a virus that is asymptomatic on half of the population!
I almost regret not getting it by the first wave when my husband got it!
My consolation is that it looks like the strain of the virus right now is not as strong and drs know more about treating it!
If c"v someone gets sick in the family I hope we all get it at the same time!!

And the later someone catches it, the more likely it is that there will bezH be a cure, not just treatment that helps somewhat and not really.

So I will continue doing my hishtadlus to avoid catching it.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 11:33 pm
Also quarantined, also have child who caught it in school Sad
Refuah Sheleima OP and all others who are sick now.
May we be blessed with a Shana Tova uMesukah - that there should be refuahs and yeshuahs, and all should stay healthy iyH.

amother
Mustard

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 11:44 pm
Sending love to those who are quarantined over Yom tov! It’s hard but thank you for being responsible and a caring Jew. You are protecting others and doing the right thing and during this time of year especially, it’s a good thing to keep in mind.
Really sending love!

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:41 am
Refuah shlemah

The whole summer, I was thinking that all those people who posted here that Covid-19 was over were reckless. I was so annoyed with those who promoted all those illegal overnight camps and were so smug and sure of themselves...
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics