Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Do you have an aguna story with a happy end?
1  2  Next

shaqued_almond

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:03 pm
We always hear the saddest stories about agunot. Do you know someone who has been successfully freed?

carnation

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:08 pm
I guess it depends why the woman is an aguna.

amother
Papaya

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:11 pm
look up ariel hacohen he finally gave hise 2nd wife a get after much pressure and protest in front of his parents house they had no kids

Reality

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:11 pm
Yes. A very good friend of mine. How she was freed is really miraculous. Literally, he dragged his feet for years and then over night he changed his mind and the next day she was free!! It was a real nes!!

I wish I can say she's happily remarried but hopefully some day soon!

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:17 pm
There are a couple of organizations that help with this. Some are actual help and others are essentially criminal rings. There have been federal indictments and sentences in NY. Women get so frustrated and desperate that they and the families resort to these criminals. OP, if you’re asking because you need help, contact Shalom Task Force. They can refer you to an organization IF your local beis din and rov can’t better help you. Things in life can be very bitter. Even if a woman is eventually freed, she has the battle scars. I wouldn’t call that a good ending.

amother
Azure

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:23 pm
My mom realized every time she asked for her get she was forced to give more away and still wouldn't get it. She just let it go and didn't show desperation. After 5 years she got a call to come to the bais din right now. She barely had time to get dressed. She ran out of the house and came back a short time later to balloons and a cake that we went out to get her.

Similar story happened to an acquaintance of mine. She showed she didn't care. Then suddenly around 5 years later she had the get in her hand (day before her x got engaged).

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 9:26 pm
Yes after seven years finally realized it’s totally up to Hashem. Got a message that he was ready to give the get. Bais din couldn’t believe it and convened ASAP. B”H all went well.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 10:48 pm
Waited 5 years then asked on this site what to do. A poster said that only Hashem is holding the Get and He has to give it to me. This was after so much davening for a yeshuah.

This prompted me to decide I need something more powerful. So several close family members including myself took upon ourselves something in the area of tefillah for 40 days. Some didn't talk in shul, some did other things to improve in this area like davening each day mincha etc.

On the 40th day I got the Get.

OP, if you're looking for people to join you in such an idea then depending on what it is, I could possibly join and do something for 40 days as zchus.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Thu, Sep 17 2020, 10:52 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
look up ariel hacohen he finally gave hise 2nd wife a get after much pressure and protest in front of his parents house they had no kids

When did this happen? All I could find on Google was articles from 2007-2008.

If you want stories go to the website of ORA (Organization for Resolution of Agunot).

essie14

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:40 am
Yes, I know several women who waited many years and then finally got their get.

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:44 am
Yes, I know of two agunoth who eventually got their get, but I don't know the details. I know of one who did not get it for over 40 years and still has not got it...

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:44 am
I know a woman who was without a get over 20 years then finally the guy died. True story. At least she has one less stress in her life.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 6:22 am
How long do you have to wait for the get, before you are considered an agunah?

Does a little over a year and a half count?

B'H I finally got mine. IYH I'll link to my post after RH. I'm in the middle of last minute cooking.

tweety1

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 6:37 am
There's a big rebbe in e"y that recently passed away who never gave his wife a get.

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 7:49 am
My friend waited for 15(!) years and it looked like she would stay an agunah forever. B" h she got her get suddenly. About a year later she remarried. Hooray

amother
Orchid

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 7:49 am
tweety1 wrote:
There's a big rebbe in e"y that recently passed away who never gave his wife a get.

do you know the story behind it?

There is a big Tzaddik(not considered a rebbe, I dont think, but with MANY followers) who went to give his wife a get and she started crying in Beis Din begging him not to do it, and he didnt have the heart to do it to her. So he didnt. But I dont think they lived together, etc. & this story is not publicly spoken about for their kavod. I hope people dont think this about them Can't Believe It

Shana Tova!

cnc

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 8:24 am
tweety1 wrote:

Are you sure that’s the story?

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 10:10 am
Op why are you asking? Do you need chizuk?

Chayalle

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 10:21 am
My mother had a cousin who got her get just before her child's chuppah. She told the Mesader Kedushin that she still didn't have her get. He went over to her ex and said why haven't you given her a get. He harumphed and muttered and tried to stall and of course had no good reason, said sure he will give it soon, next week bla bla bla we can't really do anything about it right now....the Mesader Kedushin said, oh yes we can do it right now! He took him into a side room with two other Rabbanim, they called her in and she got her get! Then she left to take her child to the chuppah.

essie14

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 10:53 am
Chayalle wrote:
My mother had a cousin who got her get just before her child's chuppah. She told the Mesader Kedushin that she still didn't have her get. He went over to her ex and said why haven't you given her a get. He harumphed and muttered and tried to stall and of course had no good reason, said sure he will give it soon, next week bla bla bla we can't really do anything about it right now....the Mesader Kedushin said, oh yes we can do it right now! He took him into a side room with two other Rabbanim, they called her in and she got her get! Then she left to take her child to the chuppah.

This is fabulous. BH.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics