Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
If you are in early pregnancy are you being more careful?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 5:55 am
Title says it all. I know there isn't enough research yet but I'm wondering who else is really afraid to catch it because of what it might do to a developing fetus, especially those in communities without much social distancing (or none at all)

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 6:13 am
I’m careful NOT to get pregnant. Covid is a good enough reason for me to wait.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 7:34 am
I hear you. But for those like me who already are how are you going about the day to day in regards to the virus

amother
Coffee

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 9:00 am
Conducting my life as normal...

wearing masks when Im forced to/going into stores... other than that Im home because my school is closed

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 9:06 am
I am not more careful but I should be. Now that Covid is exploding again in all the school, I plan on being more careful. I already have one kid home, bc the entire grade is being quarantined .

ChanieMommy

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 9:10 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Title says it all. I know there isn't enough research yet but I'm wondering who else is really afraid to catch it because of what it might do to a developing fetus, especially those in communities without much social distancing (or none at all)

Yes, you shoulld be more careful, see the thread about Covid-19 damaging Placenta leading to miscarriage...

gold21

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 10:15 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I’m careful NOT to get pregnant. Covid is a good enough reason for me to wait.

Not everyone has the benefit of time, you know.

amother
Firebrick

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 10:18 am
I am TTC. My doctor had no problem with it. I will iyh take th same precautions I am taking now.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 10:19 am
ChanieMommy wrote:
Yes, you shoulld be more careful, see the thread about Covid-19 damaging Placenta leading to miscarriage...

Please don’t be a fear monger. You can- and should be- be a more careful no need to make people hysterical.

what’s supposed to happen will happen.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 11:05 am
SuperWify wrote:
Please don’t be a fear monger. You can- and should be- be a more careful no need to make people hysterical.

what’s supposed to happen will happen.

About your last line, that's the thing. Trying to figure out what is proper hishtadlus during this time. It's harder than April in the sense that the world is open again and trying to figure out if I really stop running errands (I live in a tri state community where there is little to no social distancing in many places)

amother
Olive

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 11:31 am
Nope I’m not more careful. I only wear a mask when I must otherwise I can’t breath.

SuperWify

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 11:53 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
About your last line, that's the thing. Trying to figure out what is proper hishtadlus during this time. It's harder than April in the sense that the world is open again and trying to figure out if I really stop running errands (I live in a tri state community where there is little to no social distancing in many places)

So wear a mask and be a bit careful if that would make feel more secure but don’t go crazy. That’s not healthy either.

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 11:59 am
I work in public school, and teachers have to go into the building even though students are remote now.

But, if someone is pregnant, she can work remote from home and still get paid bec pregnancy is considered higher risk.

so, yes I would be more careful..

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:07 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I had it (pregnant, at 10 weeks) BEFORE things shut down. There were already others who were more careful (working from home, avoiding public transport, avoiding errands) but I couldn’t be (essential worker) BH I was back at work within 10 days and my pregnancy was ok (delivered healthy baby this week)

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:07 pm
[quote="SuperWify"]So wear a mask and be a bit careful if that would make feel more secure but don’t go crazy. That’s not healthy either.[/quote

If going crazy is what's necessary for a healthy pregnancy of course I would do it. Is there anything we wouldn't do to protect our children

amother
OP

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:08 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I had it (pregnant, at 10 weeks) BEFORE things shut down. There were already others who were more careful (working from home, avoiding public transport, avoiding errands) but I couldn’t be (essential worker) BH I was back at work within 10 days and my pregnancy was ok (delivered healthy baby this week)

This is very comforting to hear.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 12:09 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I work in public school, and teachers have to go into the building even though students are remote now.

But, if someone is pregnant, she can work remote from home and still get paid bec pregnancy is considered higher risk.

so, yes I would be more careful..

Interestingly as someone who works in a hospital this was and is not an option. (Then again we had/have proper PPE though when I had it the PPE recommendations were very different than they are now)

amother
Copper

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:13 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:

You’re leaving out the part that your baby was born 5 weeks early.

OP, be very careful. There have been many 2nd trimester losses due to placental damage, and early babies due to the placenta stopping to grow.

amother
Ecru

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 1:22 pm

OP, be very careful. There have been many 2nd trimester losses due to placental damage, and early babies due to the placenta stopping to grow.

No one considers 5 weeks early dangerous though. If they did they would have tried to stop labor. BH baby is fully cooked

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Sep 18 2020, 2:26 pm

I'm not that amother but wanted to chime in and say I also got corona right at the beginning before precautions were in place. I was at the beginning of my 2nd trimester. B"h delivered a healthy full term baby 2 weeks ago.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics