Home

Where to have child tested in BP or Flatbush

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 9:42 pm
MY son started feeling sick on yomtov and he has many of the classic symptoms. low fever on and off, chills, weakness, cough, like a cold. BH he's doing alright, but we need to get him tested. Where can I go in BP/Flatbush.
Back to top

amother




Purple
 

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 9:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
MY son started feeling sick on yomtov and he has many of the classic symptoms. low fever on and off, chills, weakness, cough, like a cold. BH he's doing alright, but we need to get him tested. Where can I go in BP/Flatbush.

At his pediatrician or an urgent care center.
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod
 

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 10:39 pm
You may want to consider your options before testing.
If you're in NYC and you do test, and he is positive, the city will make you crazy to get information for contact tracing. Then everyone that they know he was in contact with will get calls too and possibly be told to quarantine.
You might want to just consider keeping him and the rest of your family home for 14 days.
Back to top

amother




Lawngreen
 

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 10:41 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
You may want to consider your options before testing.
If you're in NYC and you do test, and he is positive, the city will make you crazy to get information for contact tracing. Then everyone that they know he was in contact with will get calls too and possibly be told to quarantine.
You might want to just consider keeping him and the rest of your family home for 14 days.


Shouldn't the people he was in contact with be contacted?
Back to top

amother




Goldenrod
 

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 11:12 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Shouldn't the people he was in contact with be contacted?

Depends on the level of contact. Him and his parents can call this that need to know. The city takes it to an extreme and makes people crazy for no reason. Ask any YDT parent about the calls they got.
Back to top

amother




Black
 

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 11:32 pm
I agree about being careful about contact tracing issue.
If you do want to test, https://citywideurgentcare.com/ is really quick in and out for testing.
Back to top

amother




Emerald
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:30 am
how long does it take for results?
Thanks
Back to top
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
[ Poll ] S/O From what age would you leave child alone in bathtub?
by suremom
8 Today at 6:34 pm View last post
Leaving child in the bathtub with a monitor
by amother
115 Today at 6:19 pm View last post
ISO salted butter CY only, BP/ Flatbush
by amother
12 Today at 5:41 pm View last post
Leaving child in the bathtub with a monkey
by amother
28 Today at 5:17 pm View last post
Leaving child in the bathtub with a monster
by amother
25 Today at 4:20 pm View last post