Home

Where to have child tested in BP or Flatbush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother

OP

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 9:42 pm
MY son started feeling sick on yomtov and he has many of the classic symptoms. low fever on and off, chills, weakness, cough, like a cold. BH he's doing alright, but we need to get him tested. Where can I go in BP/Flatbush.

amother

Purple

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 9:53 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
MY son started feeling sick on yomtov and he has many of the classic symptoms. low fever on and off, chills, weakness, cough, like a cold. BH he's doing alright, but we need to get him tested. Where can I go in BP/Flatbush.

At his pediatrician or an urgent care center.

amother

Goldenrod

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 10:39 pm
You may want to consider your options before testing.
If you're in NYC and you do test, and he is positive, the city will make you crazy to get information for contact tracing. Then everyone that they know he was in contact with will get calls too and possibly be told to quarantine.
You might want to just consider keeping him and the rest of your family home for 14 days.

amother

Lawngreen

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 10:41 pm
amother [ Goldenrod ] wrote:
You may want to consider your options before testing.
If you're in NYC and you do test, and he is positive, the city will make you crazy to get information for contact tracing. Then everyone that they know he was in contact with will get calls too and possibly be told to quarantine.
You might want to just consider keeping him and the rest of your family home for 14 days.

Shouldn't the people he was in contact with be contacted?

amother

Goldenrod

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 11:12 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Shouldn't the people he was in contact with be contacted?

Depends on the level of contact. Him and his parents can call this that need to know. The city takes it to an extreme and makes people crazy for no reason. Ask any YDT parent about the calls they got.

amother

Black

Post  Sun, Sep 20 2020, 11:32 pm
I agree about being careful about contact tracing issue.
If you do want to test, https://citywideurgentcare.com/ is really quick in and out for testing.

amother

Emerald

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:30 am
how long does it take for results?
Thanks
Recent Topics

Page 1 of 1 View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns