Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Bedroom decor

mommymama

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:01 am
Because Seforim and photos of gedolim are not appropriate for the bedroom, how does everyone decorate their bedrooms? My walls are very plain and not sure how to make it look nicer.

icebreaker

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:12 am
Painted walls and some wall art from online.

Success10

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:30 am
Giant wall stickers. They're not just for kids. There are some very attractive designs for grown ups if you browse ebay. Also, you can frame wedding pictures and pics of the kids. Another idea is one wall can be painted with a texture effect.

shabbatiscoming

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 7:52 am
Big window all along one wall, closet all along another wall, bed and bed side tables and ac hanging on another wall. The last remaining wall we hung a picture our daughter made when she was younger and had asked us to put it up.
No room for anything else.

But id just put up nice artwork or a pretty wallpaper.

Teomima

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 8:09 am
balaboosta wrote:
Because Seforim and photos of gedolim are not appropriate for the bedroom, how does everyone decorate their bedrooms? My walls are very plain and not sure how to make it look nicer.

Is that all you decorate the rest of your house with? I hope not!

Dh and I love attending artists fairs and buying beautiful original artwork made by local artists. I also get some of my children's artwork framed and hang that up. As for our bedroom, it has a lovely print dh picked that was made by a local artist, plus lots of sweet notes and drawings made for us by my kids.

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 8:15 am
Mushy gushy wedding picture that I wouldn't hang in the living room, enlarged and printed on canvas.
We also don't have much wall space. One wall is all windows, one wall is a closet the entire width of the wall. The photo hangs on the wall above our beds.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 8:17 am
Couple photos

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:14 am
Blank walls don't bother me in the least, and I've never felt a burning need to adorn them. However, DH used to be into photography in a big way. He had some of his favorite shots printed in 8X10 and framed them.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:15 am
essie14 wrote:
Mushy gushy wedding picture that I wouldn't hang in the living room, enlarged and printed on canvas.

If you're embarrassed to hang such a picture in your living room, why weren't you embarrassed to pose that way?

SuperWify

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:23 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:
If you're embarrassed to hang such a picture in your living room, why weren't you embarrassed to pose that way?

Oh please. There’s a place for everything. Mushy couple photos belong in your bedroom.

amother
Aubergine

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:30 am
How big is your bedroom?

These are my 4 walls:
1- closets
2- windows with giant curtains
3- dresser with cool decor pieces on top and bathroom door on side.
4- wall behind our beds. Painted black, sconces on the sides of our beds, nightstands on either side, big black and white artwork above our beds.

mamma llama

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:47 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

It wouldn't be tznius in the living room where they may be having guests over...

Also, I find it very apropos that your color is blush and you're talking about being embarrassed! LOL

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 10:58 am
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

I'm not embarrassed, it's just not the place for it.
You don't have any pictures of you with your DH that you don't want the entire world to see?
There is a time and place for everything.
I love our mushy wedding photos.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 1:47 pm
amother [ Blush ] wrote:

Huh? What a strange sentiment. I just had a pregnancy photo shoot. Nothing too risqué as my children were part of the shoot, but I still consider the photos private. I plan to display them in my bedroom only. This was a very long awaited pregnancy and it is very special to all of us and I wanted to capture this special time. But I also don’t need to display these photos publicly.

OP, you can hang any art work or family photos as you would in any room of the house.

essie14

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 2:00 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Huh? What a strange sentiment. I just had a pregnancy photo shoot. Nothing too risqué as my children were part of the shoot, but I still consider the photos private. I plan to display them in my bedroom only. This was a very long awaited pregnancy and it is very special to all of us and I wanted to capture this special time. But I also don’t need to display these photos publicly.

OP, you can hang any art work or family photos as you would in any room of the house.

Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart Heart
Enjoy your pregnancy and your photos!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics