Home

It’s back. (Covid)
  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:09 am
Covid. For all those who said it’s gone, oh nothing will happen if we don’t wear masks, open schools, go to California/Florida vacation etc etc. Yup, it came back. My friend has 2 kids (teens) who tested positive (results just came back today) with 103 fever.

How is everyone else doing today?
Back to top

watergirl




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:10 am
It never left.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:11 am
watergirl wrote:
It never left.


True, but society kind of swept it under the rug this summer.
Back to top

Simple1




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:12 am
There has been an uptick this month. The question is if it will stay at a manageable.
Back to top

DrMom




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:12 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
True, but society kind of swept it under the rug this summer.

Which society?
Back to top

NotInNJMommy




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:13 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
True, but society kind of swept it under the rug this summer.


Yes, and that's a large contributor to why it's "back".
Back to top

amother




Papaya
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:14 am
It’s stayed around in a much lighter version, nothing worse than a regular flu.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:15 am
DrMom wrote:
Which society?


The general population in the US/ tri-state area. Opened camps, schools, I haven’t seen the first person wear a mask as the grocery store and 95% of the people I know traveled this summer.
Back to top

amother




Red
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:15 am
It was never gone just slowed down in some areas,and it was bad in outhers it hard to know. Some reason right now the fatality rate is lower. We just know and understand more. I am hoping the numbers don't go up to high who knows
Back to top

NotInNJMommy




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The general population in the US/ tri-state area. Opened camps, schools, I haven’t seen the first person wear a mask as the grocery store and 95% of the people I know traveled this summer.


The general population of the rest of the US or NYS did not sweep it under the rug at all.

Planet Jewish-Tri-State-Area and its branch campuses did.


Last edited by NotInNJMommy on Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Simple1




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
True, but society kind of swept it under the rug this summer.


Well the number of cases were very low in the summer.
Back to top

amother




Crimson
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Covid. For all those who said it’s gone, oh nothing will happen if we don’t wear masks, open schools, go to California/Florida vacation etc etc. Yup, it came back. My friend has 2 kids (teens) who tested positive (results just came back today) with 103 fever.

How is everyone else doing today?



This proves it's back? Because 2 brothers have it?

Look, I'm not saying it's gone, but it seems reasonable that the strain going around now is much less lethal than the strain from a few months ago. I think back than, almost all of us knew people that had nebach died or were hospitalized. Boruch hashem there are supposedly close to 50,000 cases per day in the US and I don't know anyone who has died or been hospitalized in the last 2 months. I'm not saying it hasn't happened. I'm saying that it appears that bh it's less dangerous than earlier.

This has nothing to do with whether we should wear masks or not.
Back to top

amother




Lavender
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:16 am
Bh the uptick now is not as bad as in March. It's like a strong cold or flu. Nothing worse bh.
Back to top

FranticFrummie




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:16 am
Israel is on the first day of what may be a 3 week lock down.

First day, and I'm starting to feel trapped already.

https://www.worldometers.info/.....rael/

Click the link, and scroll down for the graphs.
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:17 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
It’s stayed around in a much lighter version, nothing worse than a regular flu.


Let’s just hope so. My friend is panicking right now with 2 (almost) adult sons with sky high fever.
Back to top

amother




Smokey
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:18 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Covid. For all those who said it’s gone, oh nothing will happen if we don’t wear masks, open schools, go to California/Florida vacation etc etc. Yup, it came back. My friend has 2 kids (teens) who tested positive (results just came back today) with 103 fever.

How is everyone else doing today?


Is this in Brooklyn?
I know two people in flatbush that are going now to get tested.
These two people were with tens( one was with probably hundreds-huge shul) of others over yom tov Surprised
Back to top

Odelyah




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:18 am
NotInNJMommy wrote:
The general population of the rest of the US or NYS did not sweep it under the rug at all.

Planet Jewish-Tri-State-Area and its branch campuses did.

I live in the tri-state area and masks are required in all the stores, including the Jewish one.


Last edited by Odelyah on Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

amother




Royalblue
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:18 am
Try living with a dh who couldn't care less about mask wearing or any other precautions. On Yom Tov, he was literally shaking hands and hugging every man he saw. Claiming that COVID-19 is really just a scam. Masks were required in shul and he figured out a way to remove it and keep hidden by putting his tallis over his whole face.
Back to top

Mommyg8




 
 
 
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:19 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
It’s stayed around in a much lighter version, nothing worse than a regular flu.


For 95% of the population, it was always just like, or even less than, the regular flu. For the other 5%... nothing changed. It's just lost its novelty and power to frighten, that's all. I'm sorry but I'm hearing this all the time and it makes me want to Banging head Banging head .
Back to top

amother




OP
 

Post  Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:20 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
This proves it's back? Because 2 brothers have it?

Look, I'm not saying it's gone, but it seems reasonable that the strain going around now is much less lethal than the strain from a few months ago. I think back than, almost all of us knew people that had nebach died or were hospitalized. Boruch hashem there are supposedly close to 50,000 cases per day in the US and I don't know anyone who has died or been hospitalized in the last 2 months. I'm not saying it hasn't happened. I'm saying that it appears that bh it's less dangerous than earlier.

This has nothing to do with whether we should wear masks or not.


The reason I’m coming on here to say this- is because they were learning in a very large yeshiva (didn’t want to specify which) and that’s where they got it from. So that pretty much tells you what’s going on now, plus I know many others who tested positive personally.
Just a cautious reminder. People are getting sick again and it’s scary.
Back to top
  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 1 of 12 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Issues of Concern within Frum Society -> Coronavirus/ COVID19 Health Concerns

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Is it forbidden to follow the law?
by amother
53 Today at 8:39 am View last post
Ima click bait. You can do it too! 208 Today at 7:09 am View last post
Covid versus Flu - Facts Edition
by amother
48 Yesterday at 9:57 pm View last post
Please help me get sense of smell back
by amother
27 Yesterday at 7:48 pm View last post
by ivy
Covid does affect young healthy people
by amother
47 Yesterday at 4:09 pm View last post