Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It’s back. (Covid)
  Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:35 am
My4Jewels wrote:
How would you and all your family members feel if you knew that you were asymptomatic spreaders. And that by not social distancing not wearing masks that although lovely
For you guys you “never got it” but that you’ve managed to give it to someone else who maybe didn’t do so well and perhaps is dead or has lingering health issues .. all because YOU guys decided that since you never got all’s good. I’m not sure I have heard of anything so selfish in my life. You know everything is not just about YOU. Why is it so difficult to understand that people can spread the virus and have no idea that they have it. And that this kills people.

Really bizarre to me .. I don’t get it

Aha....so the people that wear masks are selfless??Im sure you also believe that Mr. Cuomo had our best interest in mind by locking up camps, including those for special need kids?

What about those that got the virus even though they quarantined and/or wore masks? Don't you understand that the obsession that the world has with Covid makes no sense to who can get it, how hard it hits them, how long it will last, and who transmits it further. There are tons of known couples where one spouse had it, and the rest of the household didnt.

Did you read the interview in Ami where Dr. Fauci says we specifically need a mask indoors? People follow his (stupid) advice. Does he even make sense?

Why did the world become a place when I dont follow all these meshugassen about Covid, make me a selfish person? You feel better that you do?? Im so happy to hear...

NO. It is not the same thing as wearing a seatbelt... No connection. I'm amused when I hear people comparing the two...

ladYdI

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:53 am
It was never gone
But we had camps and day camps open, schools reopened and shuls as well.
Ppl are still getting sick but bh the new cases are causing minimal deaths. Less than flu.
This is our new life. Do as you are told in your shul and school and as you believe
Older people must be extra cautious
No proof anywhere that masks and social distancing is even working
Everybody thinks that the level of there adherence is correct and others are too lenient or too strict
Just like we all compare our level of frumness as normal mid of the road. Those more frum or chasdidush are called fanatic and those less are considered modern

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:01 am
ladYdI wrote:
It was never gone
But we had camps and day camps open, schools reopened and shuls as well.
Ppl are still getting sick but bh the new cases are causing minimal deaths. Less than flu.
This is our new life. Do as you are told in your shul and school and as you believe
Older people must be extra cautious
No proof anywhere that masks and social distancing is even working
Everybody thinks that the level of there adherence is correct and others are too lenient or too strict
Just like we all compare our level of frumness as normal mid of the road. Those more frum or chasdidush are called fanatic and those less are considered modern

It was never gone, but all over the summer a chorus of users here was singing "it's over, it's gone"...

They opened their overnight camps (some illegally), they had their big weddings without social distancing, and now it's back...

During the camps, children had symptoms, but were not tested...

So you are right: it was never gone, it was rampant in all those activities, and society helped the virus to spread, and now it's back in the open.

yes, lockdowns, masks, social distancing help, this has been shown by the massive drop in new cases when lockdowns or social distancing measures were implemented. But of course, those measures help only if applied and enforced. You don't wear gloves, they won't keep you warm... Doesn't mean that gloves don't keep warm. The key factor is that you have to wear them....

I am baffled by the hypocrisy of those who claim at the same time that public health measures are not necessary, therefore they don't respect them, and inefficient.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:05 am
Tracht Gut Vet Zein Gut

we do our hishtadlus

Wishing everyone a year 5781 of revealed good in every way!

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:06 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
It was never gone, but all over the summer a chorus of users here was singing "it's over, it's gone"...

They opened their overnight camps (some illegally), they had their big weddings without social distancing, and now it's back...

During the camps, children had symptoms, but were not tested...

So you are right: it was never gone, it was rampant in all those activities, and society helped the virus to spread, and now it's back in the open.

yes, lockdowns, masks, social distancing help, this has been shown by the massive drop in new cases when lockdowns or social distancing measures were implemented. But of course, those measures help only if applied and enforced. You don't wear gloves, they won't keep you warm... Doesn't mean that gloves don't keep warm. The key factor is that you have to wear them....

I am baffled by the hypocrisy of those who claim at the same time that public health measures are not necessary, therefore they don't respect them, and inefficient.

With all that there were no new death cases from the summer!! All new cases were extremely mild! So we now need to stop life ruin our kids lives for a basic flu or less ???

Someone said it takes 2-4 weeks for the hospitals to start getting full we are past that since new cases have started. Right now way more are testing for shul for schools and cause they are bored.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:22 am
For all those who don't believe that masks help...

Would you be willing to undergo surgery without everyone on the team wearing masks?

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:24 am
Would you undergo surgery with a surgeon and/or team member wearing a bandana tied around his or her face to cover his or her nose and mouth?

I would trust only if my medical team were wearing n95 or the medical equivalent and proper medical grade PPE.

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:24 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
With all that there were no new death cases from the summer!! All new cases were extremely mild! So we now need to stop life ruin our kids lives for a basic flu or less ???

Someone said it takes 2-4 weeks for the hospitals to start getting full we are past that since new cases have started. Right now way more are testing for shul for schools and cause they are bored.

Statements like this undermine entire arguments.

Have you taken a test? Do you know how uncomfortable it is to have that swab stuck up your nose?!

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:03 am
amother [ Lilac ] wrote:
Aren't you the one who claimed loudly that you could not bear a second wave, a few weeks ago?

And who said the second wave was inevitable just a few days ago?

Do you really think reality will conform to your wishes just because you wish them?

Don't you think it would be more reasonable to do some hishtadlut, like wearing masks, avoiding gatherings, renouncing big weddings for some time, daven in small minyanim with always the same participants?

Why do you engage in magic thinking rather than do something?

I have no power to do anything. I'm just one small individual in a big city. Nothing I do will help anyway.

also, there are no weddings happening now for another 3 weeks.
and I daven in a small minyan. (there were six women in the womens section.)
There are no gatherings. I don't go to any of them.
I am living my life cooking for yomtov and going to the grocery store, ze hu.
I'm not worried about getting covid now myself, I'm worried for everyone else.
And I can't convince everyone else what to do.
So all I can do is worry.

lopman29

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:35 am
I’d like to make a couple of points. There is no point to argue with covid deniers. There could be 50 bodies in shomrei hadas all under 40 years old who died of covid and the deniers will say they died of something else, they were obese, they had unknown heart condition, unknown diabetes. Point 2 In a potentially deadly disease that affects all people regardless of age That transfers from one to another you would have to have an IQ lower than the special needs spectrum To believe that opening in person schools and going to in person services has no effect. This is the iq ur dealing with in the covid denier mind set again no point to argue. Point 3 “life has to go on argument” Does A newly diagnosed diabetic say life has to go on and they continue to eat in the same exact way did they used to eat? No they modify their lifestyle. Same here we have to modify our lifestyle. And the good part is unlike diabetes there will be an end to this. With synthetic antibodies or vaccine capable of neutralizing the virus completely around the corner there is hope relatively shortly even without a vaccine.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:41 am

To all those, who keep saying this: I know more than one person in the ICU (Including some on ventilators) with COVID, which was caught within the past few weeks!!! Stop saying that nobody is being seriously affected by this disease anymore. It is not true!!! Just because it aligns with your personal philosophy regarding this virus - doesn’t make it true. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. This is not a different or weaker strain, and we need to continue to take precautions to protect the vulnerable.

Please daven for Chaim (name added) Nachman Ben Mindel (who caught this several weeks ago at a chassuna).

amother
Powderblue

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 9:59 am
amother [ Purple ] wrote:
To all those, who keep saying this: I know more than one person in the ICU (Including some on ventilators) with COVID, which was caught within the past few weeks!!! Stop saying that nobody is being seriously affected by this disease anymore. It is not true!!! Just because it aligns with your personal philosophy regarding this virus - doesn’t make it true. You are entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. This is not a different or weaker strain, and we need to continue to take precautions to protect the vulnerable.

Please daven for Chaim (name added) Nachman Ben Mindel (who caught this several weeks ago at a chassuna).

Did anyone blink an eye last year when the pediatric floor was full of kids with severe flu. That there were people in the icu from plain flu right now it’s not more then that. You know icu in big hospitals are barely empty actually.

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:04 am
Did anyone blink an eye last year when the pediatric floor was full of kids with severe flu. That there were people in the icu from plain flu right now it’s not more then that. You know icu in big hospitals are barely empty actually.

How many of those kids died of flu? I don’t know anyone who died of flu, but I know dozens of people who died of COVID within a few months! Comparing this to flu is fallacious and disingenuous.

At this point, I’m starting to agree with lopman29. Arguing with COVID deniers is as futile as arguing with anti-vaxxers. Both only see whatever supports what they want to do (or not do).

I’m done.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:04 am

Even if I were to agree with you that it isn't worse than the flu (which I certainly don't), please explain how the full ICUs will cope this year with both flu and Covid at the same time.

(And that's before we even discuss the fact that catching flu & Covid simultaneously has proven to be much more serious than being infected with each on their own.)

southernbubby

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:06 am
So I wonder why Israel is filling up hospitals if NY is avoiding that.

Mommyg8

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:15 am

Posting this again (though I'm not sure why ): Banging head

Someone in my family did this analysis a while back, and I'm reposting:

Safer than the flu:
For those under 44 years old and healthy.

Like the flu
Ages 18-44 with diabetes and/or hypertension (high blood pressure).
Healthy 45-64 year olds.

12x as dangerous as the flu
Ages 65-74.
Ages 45-64 with diabetes and/or hypertension (rough estimate).

30x as dangerous as the flu
Ages 75+.
Ages 65-74 with diabetes and/or hypertension. (Estimated)

So, yes, for those under 64 and healthy, covid is not more dangerous than the flu (according to this analysis). The problem is, of course, that the elderly and those with minor conditions are much more vulnerable.... Banging head

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 10:30 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
Posting this again (though I'm not sure why ): Banging head
(...)
So, yes, for those under 64 and healthy, covid is not more dangerous than the flu (according to this analysis). The problem is, of course, that the elderly and those with minor conditions are much more vulnerable.... Banging head

And, pray tell, how do you tell the virus to go and spread only among the less vulnerable?

Banging head Banging head Banging head Banging head

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:27 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I have no power to do anything. I'm just one small individual in a big city. Nothing I do will help anyway.

also, there are no weddings happening now for another 3 weeks.
and I daven in a small minyan. (there were six women in the womens section.)
There are no gatherings. I don't go to any of them.
I am living my life cooking for yomtov and going to the grocery store, ze hu.
I'm not worried about getting covid now myself, I'm worried for everyone else.
And I can't convince everyone else what to do.
So all I can do is worry.
Why not? Are they not allowed in ny?

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:32 am
It seems Israel which had an early hard lockdown prior to reopening is now experiencing the crest of infections that NY got hit with prior to anyone knowing what was going on or how to even try to avoid the silent spread R"L.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 11:37 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Why not? Are they not allowed in ny?

It's not wedding season in chassidusville due to yomtov.

There will be lots of davening together for hours, though, so I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes.
Page 10 of 12   Previous  1  2  3 9 10  11  12  Next Recent Topics