Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
It’s back. (Covid)
  Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:21 am
amother [ Lavender ] wrote:
Bh the uptick now is not as bad as in March. It's like a strong cold or flu. Nothing worse bh.

Oh goodie I’ll pass along the message to my full ICUs

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:21 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
This proves it's back? Because 2 brothers have it?

Look, I'm not saying it's gone, but it seems reasonable that the strain going around now is much less lethal than the strain from a few months ago. I think back than, almost all of us knew people that had nebach died or were hospitalized. Boruch hashem there are supposedly close to 50,000 cases per day in the US and I don't know anyone who has died or been hospitalized in the last 2 months. I'm not saying it hasn't happened. I'm saying that it appears that bh it's less dangerous than earlier.

This has nothing to do with whether we should wear masks or not.

It's absolutely back in the frum (tristate) community. You'd have to live under a rock not to see it.

As for it being not as dangerous... it was never that dangerous. For the vast majority. Whatever....

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:23 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
For 95% of the population, it was always just like, or even less than, the regular flu. For the other 5%... nothing changed. It's just lost its novelty and power to frighten, that's all. I'm sorry but I'm hearing this all the time and it makes me want to Banging head Banging head .

They don’t really know what it does to each person as the after affects.

DrMom

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:25 am
OP, covid is waxing and waning in many parts of the world.

You can see statistics by country or by US state here:
https://www.google.com/search?.....UTF-8

You'd have to be quite myopic to think that this disease has been vanquished yet.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:26 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hmmm not so sure about that. I had covid 2 weeks before pesach and had pneumonia once following, bronchitis with fever 3 times and still have chest pain on humid / muggy days. I’m young and 100% healthy! They don’t really know what it does to each person as the after affects.

That's you, but I know tons of people, literally tons of people - and some much older than you - who had VERY mild cases or even were actually asymptomatic. In March. April. May.

Some people got really sick and are still living with lingering side effects. And of course, some people actually died...

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:28 am
DrMom wrote:
OP, covid is waxing and waning in many parts of the world.

You can see statistics by country or by US state here:
https://www.google.com/search?.....UTF-8

You'd have to be quite myopic to think that this disease has been vanquished yet.

Completely agree. Just wanted to create an awareness that it is spreading again through our social network/ school systems and people just not get complacent with the social distancing rules.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:28 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
For 95% of the population, it was always just like, or even less than, the regular flu. For the other 5%... nothing changed. It's just lost its novelty and power to frighten, that's all. I'm sorry but I'm hearing this all the time and it makes me want to Banging head Banging head .

My father is a paramedic and he says high risk and elderly that recently got it are recovering nicely bh. People are not being intubated at the rate they were in March. It's definitely going around now but bh not as severe as in March.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:29 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Completely agree. Just wanted to create an awareness that it is spreading again through our social network/ school systems and people just not get complacent with the social distancing rules.

OP, you could talk to the wall. You see the responses here... it's not as bad (right!), it didn't really come back, etc.... I'm getting the same responses IRL.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:29 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Oh goodie I’ll pass along the message to my full ICUs

Which ICU's in the NY are full of new Covid patients?? There's no talk in NY about full ICU's with new Covid patients, not even the media has mentioned it.

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:31 am
My father is a paramedic and he says high risk and elderly that recently got it are recovering nicely bh. People are not being intubated at the rate they were in March.

And I know a few people who ended up in the hospital. Recently. Do you all like playing Russian Roulette?

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:32 am
Which ICU's in the NY are full of new Covid patients?? There's no talk in NY about full ICU's with new Covid patients, not even the media has mentioned it.

Who said I live in the dreadful state of NY?
Fact is, COVID never disappeared.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:33 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
And I know a few people who ended up in the hospital. Recently. Do you all like playing Russian Roulette?

I didn't say people are not being hospitalized. I said high risk and elderly people are recovering nicely now bh.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:33 am
It is NOT a less lethal strain. it's exactly the same strain, but the medical community has a better handle on how to treat it. AND now it's hitting a lot of younger people who are healthier and therefore better able to handle the attack, whereas the first victims were largely, though by no means exclusively, a triple whammy: older people or people with underlying health conditions who were in worse shape to begin with, and facing a novel disease that no one had any idea how to treat, and insufficient resources to treat them.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:34 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Who said I live in the dreadful state of NY?
Fact is, COVID never disappeared.

Right, it didn't disappear. I understood the discussion here is about NY where there's an uptick now.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:35 am
Right, it didn't disappear. I understood the discussion here is about NY where there's an uptick now.

Unfortunately it’s in NJ 😔

Mommyg8

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:35 am
I didn't say people are not being hospitalized. I said high risk and elderly people are recovering nicely now bh.

There are a lot of long term side effects from even mild cases of Covid.

Hide your head under the covers, see no evil, hear no evil....

rmbg

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:36 am
Did you actually think covid was going to disappear forever?!? Do some research on viruses, they never Disappear. The goal was to “flatten the curve” and make it manageable which we accomplished long ago. Now it’s time to move on and learn to live with it. There are treatments available for those that catch it. That’s just the reality of a virus! Please explain to me the panic of every time you hear someone who has fever and tests positive and there posts on here freaking out! It’s not news! It’s nature!

southernbubby

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:37 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
It’s stayed around in a much lighter version, nothing worse than a regular flu.

Just my theory but as more people are exposed to the virus, such as what gets in around a mask, people develop a bit of resistance to the virus so while the virus itself has not morphed, people may have enough antibodies to have lighter symptoms. Of course, this differs from person to person so many people are still getting majorly sick.
Because the virus can linger in the air, we do probably encounter it to a small degree while wearing a mask.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:38 am
rmbg wrote:
Did you actually think covid was going to disappear forever?!? Do some research on viruses, they never Disappear. The goal was to “flatten the curve” and make it manageable which we accomplished long ago. Now it’s time to move on and learn to live with it. There are treatments available for those that catch it. That’s just the reality of a virus! Please explain to me the panic of every time you hear someone who has fever and tests positive and there posts on here freaking out! It’s not news! It’s nature!

Just a reminder that we still need to be cautious. Not freaking out. People seemed to forget that it’s still among us.

amother
Lavender

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 9:39 am
Mommyg8 wrote:
There are a lot of long term side effects from even mild cases of Covid.

Hide your head under the covers, see no evil, hear no evil....

I didn't say there are no long term side effects. I was sick in March and I'm still having side effects. All I said is that it's not going around now as bad as it did in March and people are recovering better bh. What's wrong with what I'm saying? Why am I hiding under the covers?? Aren't you happy that people are recovering better now? Do you wish for people to die at the rate it was in March chas v'shalom?
Page 2 of 12   Previous  1  2  3   10  11  12  Next Recent Topics