Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Cried and don't know if that's good or not

amother
OP

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 12:07 pm
at one point on sunday at the end of chazaras hashatz I cried... but my mind had been wandering and I remembered something that caused me to cry... I do have a tendency lately of crying a lot... I tried to focus it on the davening which was meaningful but I think what brought on the tears was a painful thought about something that happened, I was hurt by something involving others and my situation... although I tried to focus the tears on the prayers.
I worry whether the cry was a good sign or a bad sign.
they say the neshama sometimes feels when it's judged and I hope it wasn't chas veshalom a sign of a bad judgement or something bad will chas veshalom be happening this year
I hope maybe it was a good cry and not a bad one
sometimes a cry can be good or bad
I have some anxiety about it because I really want to have a good year.
there are some parts of davening where it's good to cry or good to be happy
and also it probably depends on the reason of the cry and what you're thinking about.
I hope Hashem will take the cry in a good way, that it should bring me good. as a sign of teshuva or a cry for help from Hashem.

Thisisnotmyreal

Post Mon, Sep 21 2020, 12:34 pm
Definitely a good thing, and appropriate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur