Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
If something is pareve why is it important to specify equip.
Previous  1  2

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:24 am
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
If you’re roasting them in a fleishig oven for a fleishig meal with meat also in the oven at the same time, no prob.
If you’re roasting them in a fleishig oven for a pareve or dairy meal, make sure there’s no meat in the oven at the same time.

Two different toaster ovens! (Get the larger size ones, not the tiny ones.)

It's the best thing ever. I don't need a standard oven, so it works perfectly for me.

Come Pesach time, just shove the toaster ovens in the closet, and get out your Pesach toaster oven (I only cook meat on Pesach, and have cold dairy.)

I'm all about keeping it as "idiot-proof" as possible. Silly

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:32 am
If you’re roasting them in a fleishig oven for a fleishig meal with meat also in the oven at the same time, no prob.
If you’re roasting them in a fleishig oven for a pareve or dairy meal, make sure there’s no meat in the oven at the same time.

I should have been clear- I'm addressing the posters who say they keep all parve food parve. Vegetables in a fleishig oven are fleishig keilim even if there's no meat in there at the same time. That's definitely if it was used for fleish in the last 24 hours, and even if not, it depends if the oven was completely clean.

amother
Copper

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:36 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:
I should have been clear- I'm addressing the posters who say they keep all parve food parve. Vegetables in a fleishig oven are fleishig keilim even if there's no meat in there at the same time. That's definitely if it was used for fleish in the last 24 hours, and even if not, it depends if the oven was completely clean.

It’s not fleishig keilim. A pot is very different than an oven.

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:36 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Is any oven ever "completely clean" after it's been used a couple of times? Are you really going to get in there with the Mr. Clean and scrub every millimeter, just because you want to make cheesecake?

If your oven has a self cleaning cycle, and you run it 24 hours between meat and dairy, then I'm told it's OK. Aside from that, I'm also told that if you run the self cleaning cycle too often, then you will ruin your oven.

AYLOR

HakarasHatov

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:42 am
and that the oven is clean, meat spills on oven count as meat.

HakarasHatov

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:44 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Is any oven ever "completely clean" after it's been used a couple of times? Are you really going to get in there with the Mr. Clean and scrub every millimeter, just because you want to make cheesecake?

If your oven has a self cleaning cycle, and you run it 24 hours between meat and dairy, then I'm told it's OK. Aside from that, I'm also told that if you run the self cleaning cycle too often, then you will ruin your oven.

AYLOR
my neighbor chooses to self clean regularly, she has to repair it every 3-5 years for like $100-200

Teomima

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 8:55 am
amother [ Mint ] wrote:

Oven use depends on what you hold by. Keilim in an oven used for meat are not automatically considered fleishig by everyone's standards.

challahchallah

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 9:11 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:

There were times in my life when I had no space for fleishig in my kitchen, in this case I had everything milchig and did not bother to do parve...

This is what we do. We have exclusively a dairy kitchen so no need to have multiple sets of things or keep track of what was cooked where. Makes things super simple.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen