Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus
A good kreplach recipe?
Previous  1  2

RedVines

Post Mon, Oct 10 2005, 6:53 pm
thanks mompete!!!

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 10:42 am
I was in the kosher supermarket yesterday, and this woman (who barely looked Jewish) was asking a question to two non-Jewish workers. she asked, "where can a find wontons?" one guy asked, "the chinese things?" she answered, "No, jewish wontons." I was thinking, huh? what are jewish wontons. but right away both the guys answered "oh, you mean kreplach- they're over there!"
I was cracking up!
my father's friend's mother makes DELICIOUS kreplach and b'H she shares them w/ our family, too. if she doesn't have enough, then my mother will just buy the frozen ones- no comparison!

lucky

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 8:26 pm
NYers can buy pre-cut squares of krepel dough. It comes 36 in a pack. I wonder why they made such big packages. Who needs 36 kreplach?? I guess I will have to find s/o to give some to.

gryp

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 9:55 pm
we could eat 36 kreplach easily! I make my own, fried.

willow

Post Tue, Oct 11 2005, 11:05 pm
RG could you post the recipe please?

Falafel

Post Tue, Oct 07 2008, 7:17 pm
please post the recipe, GR!!!!!!!

Mitzvahmom

Post Wed, Oct 08 2008, 2:43 pm
so I used the purple cookbook's recipe (second one for tasty I think)

But I spiced it up a bit and it turned out yummm! Someone brought us a dry red wine, and we do not drink it... So I splashed a bit into the meat and added some garlic.. we cannot stop eating it..

One of my guests suggested cut up mushrooms next time too...and that sound so yummy!

Blair

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 8:58 pm
It is worth the patchkey did our grandmothers have a take away shop. NO[u]. Our children need to have the essence of the past not just some mass produced take away food that never tastes like bubby made it. Something is really missing from take away food. It must be all that love that bubby put into her foods.

grin

Post Thu, Dec 18 2008, 10:50 pm
lucky wrote:
NYers can buy pre-cut squares of krepel dough. It comes 36 in a pack. I wonder why they made such big packages. Who needs 36 kreplach?? I guess I will have to find s/o to give some to.

if you're still around (this post is kinda old Rolling Eyes ) - my gang will be happy to help you out! We can eat that amount easily in one seuda. It seems that I can never make too many!

(Is there some obscure minhag I don't know about to make kreplach for Chanuka?)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Yom Tov Dishes & Menus