Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
What’s it looking like in Brooklyn?
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:47 pm
I live OOT where we bli ayin hara haven’t had any cases of Covid in our shul. Bhbhbhbhbh.
I have no clue what the situation is like in Brooklyn, and I’m considering going for part of sukkos. My whole community is being super careful and following all the rules. My whole family in Flatbush is not.
What’s the situation like? And is it worth the risk of going?

amother
Puce

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:52 pm
The situation is not as good as we’d like to believe.

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I live OOT where we bli ayin hara haven’t had any cases of Covid in our shul. Bhbhbhbhbh.
I have no clue what the situation is like in Brooklyn, and I’m considering going for part of sukkos. My whole community is being super careful and following all the rules. My whole family in Flatbush is not.
What’s the situation like? And is it worth the risk of going?

If you're being super careful and following rules it is not worth coming.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:59 pm
Honestly, I wouldn't go. Many people here aren't being careful at all - no masks, no distancing, plenty of large gatherings. Numbers have been low but are starting to increase.

Good for you for living in a community that values health. I wish ours did. Can't Believe It

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 6:59 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
The situation is not as good as we’d like to believe.

Explain

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:01 pm
ra_mom wrote:
If you're being super careful and following rules it is worth coming.

The thing is, I don’t want to get it and, even worse, spread it. My family in Flatbush are not SD, not wearing masks, going to shul and simchas, not washing hands and purelling, having guests, etc.

Edit- nvm I see your edit

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:02 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
Honestly, I wouldn't go. Many people here aren't being careful at all - no masks, no distancing, plenty of large gatherings. Numbers have been low but are starting to increase.

Good for you for living in a community that values health. I wish ours did. Can't Believe It

I’m so grateful that my community takes it seriously!
The increase in cases in Brooklyn is worrying me. But I don’t fully understand what the situation is like, and I’m trying to evaluate my options. (Hence my thread!)

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
The thing is, I don’t want to get it and, even worse, spread it. My family in Flatbush are not SD, not wearing masks, going to shul and simchas, not washing hands and purelling, having guests, etc.

I edited my post. There was a typo, I'm sorry. It is *not* worth coming if you're trying to be careful.

Last edited by ra_mom on Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

youngishbear

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:10 pm
There isn't much to do or see if you're being careful with SD. You may not even find a minyan that's careful enough for your standards.

Rising cases + lack of precautions + traveling back to your community afterwards is a recipe for disaster.

I'm sorry.

Reality

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:24 pm
I would think someone who is being careful wouldn't travel to another community?

Why are you even contemplating this?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:26 pm
youngishbear wrote:
There isn't much to do or see if you're being careful with SD. You may not even find a minyan that's careful enough for your standards.

Rising cases + lack of precautions + traveling back to your community afterwards is a recipe for disaster.

I'm sorry.

Got it thanks!

amother
Beige

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:28 pm
You're obviously not being careful either, if you're planning on going to another community. The uptick in cases in Brooklyn started with people from Florida and California coming to weddings.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:29 pm
Reality wrote:
I would think someone who is being careful wouldn't travel to another community?

Why are you even contemplating this?

From what I heard a few weeks ago, there are no new cases. At least *were* no new cases. But now I’m hearing that there are. Since I don’t live there, I don’t fully comprehend the severity of the situation. I would think it would be safe to go to a place that doesn’t have Covid. Unless, obviously it does have Covid, then it’s no longer safe. That’s why I’m asking.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:30 pm
amother [ Beige ] wrote:
You're obviously not being careful either, if you're planning on going to another community. The uptick in cases in Brooklyn started with people from Florida and California coming to weddings.

I’m being extremely careful, and I’m not *planning* anything. Just considering. I’m only asking here to get a feel for what it’s like there. My family isn’t being honest with me because they want me to come.

chestnut

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:31 pm
Of course, there are new cases. If you care about Covid, coming to Brooklyn is a very bad idea.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:32 pm
chestnut wrote:
Of course, there are new cases. If you care about Covid, coming to Brooklyn is a very bad idea.

Thank you

amother
OP

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:32 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I edited my post. There was a typo, I'm sorry. It is *not* worth coming if you're trying to be careful.

I see Smile thank you very much

ra_mom

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 7:33 pm
Just so you know, the cases here seem to be coming from mixing of communities. Don't mix by coming.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:06 pm
I am sick like a dog right now with Covid, in Brooklyn

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Sep 22 2020, 8:12 pm
Mayor just announced that brooklyn zip codes of midwood, bp and Williamsburg have many cases. So, if you want to be careful, now is not the time to visit brooklyn
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics