Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Any cases in Los Angeles????

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:19 am
Schools have been open for a few weeks. Shuls were open for RH (mostly outdoor). Does anyone know if we have positive cases in our community? The overall LA County cases have gone down in the last few weeks and they previously were in other neighborhoods heavily. But it can jump to our communities so easily! Someone has a plumber, housekeeper, handyman etc come to their house with it and didn't wear a mask correctly... Then that family gets it and passes it to the shul members...
I was at a Ralph's grocery store and the worker wasn't wearing the mask over their nose!!
So how bad is it? Any classes sent home from any of our dozens of schools open?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:33 am
I know of families In pico Robertson with cases

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 12:48 am
amother [ Navy ] wrote:
I know of families In pico Robertson with cases

What school(s)? My kids school didn't send out a notice to us yet but that doesn't mean they have none- they might have told just that class (and told them to tell carpools).

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Schools have been open for a few weeks. Shuls were open for RH (mostly outdoor). Does anyone know if we have positive cases in our community? The overall LA County cases have gone down in the last few weeks and they previously were in other neighborhoods heavily. But it can jump to our communities so easily! Someone has a plumber, housekeeper, handyman etc come to their house with it and didn't wear a mask correctly... Then that family gets it and passes it to the shul members...
I was at a Ralph's grocery store and the worker wasn't wearing the mask over their nose!!
So how bad is it? Any classes sent home from any of our dozens of schools open?

Here and there. A case in one class, a case in another class. I think a few valley families caused Valley Torah to close? I don't really know. By and large it's not exploding in our communities in LA, I think we are much more careful.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:30 am
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
Here and there. A case in one class, a case in another class. I think a few valley families caused Valley Torah to close? I don't really know. By and large it's not exploding in our communities in LA, I think we are much more careful.

That is good to hear. Because I have heard about weddings, people having guests, Shuls opening indoors (which isn't legal yet...). And people weren't wearing masks on RH! I hear the shofar and a huge percentage weren't wearing anything!!

I heard about VT but wasn't sure if any others had to close. Worried my kids are not going to be able to go back post sukkos...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics