Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Pinworms- treating naturally
Previous  1  2

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:01 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
Again? Pineapple juice? That simple?

Werve been struggling with it for years now. How does that work?

We tried many things. Including meds (countless times) and koyalic and other remedies and stuff from the pharmacy and health food stores. It didnt help only gave my kids bad tummy aches.
The next thing on the agenda is homeopathic remedies w pinworms concoction from herbari.

Op im sorry you are also striggling with this.

Yes. It's that simple. I used to keep pineapple juice in their regular diet. Years ago golden flow had an orange juice drink mixed with pineapple. It was called pineapple orange juice. I always had it in the house. When I stopped for a while and the kids got worms then I started buying it again and got rid of it all.

You can't drink it once and all will be good. You need to use it for weeks in a row and as a prevention it's good to drink it from time to time.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:37 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
Yes. It's that simple. I used to keep pineapple juice in their regular diet. Years ago golden flow had an orange juice drink mixed with pineapple. It was called pineapple orange juice. I always had it in the house. When I stopped for a while and the kids got worms then I started buying it again and got rid of it all.

You can't drink it once and all will be good. You need to use it for weeks in a row and as a prevention it's good to drink it from time to time.

My kids LOVE pineapple and I cut up a fresh one for dessert after supper every now and then.... Does canned work to? (When I'm lazy I'll open a can. Lol)
I would give it to them every day.

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:40 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
also - after 2 months how long were you clear for or did you have to repeat the treatment?

It will be 4 years since I've had to use it. B"H.
for a while after the initial 2 months I did use it every few days. I would throw it into smoothies, homemade ices, etc.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:42 pm
Tzutzie wrote:
My kids LOVE pineapple and I cut up a fresh one for dessert after supper every now and then.... Does canned work to? (When I'm lazy I'll open a can. Lol)
I would give it to them every day.

Isn't it easier to give it as a drink. There are large bottles of pineapple juice available in the groceries. Every time they need a drink they can have some. It's that easy and I think would get more pineapple into their system then eating pineapple once a day

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:46 pm
Is it diatomaceous earth? Sounds like you're describing that?

yes it it. I usually an careful about sharing the name, since there are tons of different grades and brands. Not all can be ingested safely, some are mixed with other stuff like regular sand, some are not clean enough. It is not an official food grade item and so will not neccessarily be ok for ingestion.
The brand I carry is the best of what I found, very well regulated. It took me months of research until I found the one to use.
(many are called food-grade: it means for animals. None are intended for human consumption.)

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 1:50 pm
[quote="amother [ Apricot ]"]wow thank you. Is this something I can order online?[/quote

I live in Lakewood. I can easily send to Brooklyn.
Email me if that helps.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 2:44 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:
yes it it. I usually an careful about sharing the name, since there are tons of different grades and brands. Not all can be ingested safely, some are mixed with other stuff like regular sand, some are not clean enough. It is not an official food grade item and so will not neccessarily be ok for ingestion.
The brand I carry is the best of what I found, very well regulated. It took me months of research until I found the one to use.
(many are called food-grade: it means for animals. None are intended for human consumption.)

Yes I understand what you're saying, your product seems to be a good choice.

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 4:35 pm
I live in Lakewood and would possibly be interested in purchasing from you or ordering online. Are you doing this as a business or would you be comfortable sharing a link of the exact product so I can do some research on my own? I don't want to take away from you if you are making money off this and sharing a link would hurt your business. Thank you so much

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 7:18 pm
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
I live in Lakewood and would possibly be interested in purchasing from you or ordering online. Are you doing this as a business or would you be comfortable sharing a link of the exact product so I can do some research on my own? I don't want to take away from you if you are making money off this and sharing a link would hurt your business. Thank you so much

Yes, I do do this as a business.
Feel free to contact me by email to purchase.
My markup price isn't much, since I buy in bulk.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 7:53 pm
I bought Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth on Amazon easily. Used it in corners for an ant issue while I had a crawling baby.

Miri1

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 10:30 pm
ra_mom wrote:
I bought Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth on Amazon easily. Used it in corners for an ant issue while I had a crawling baby.

It is food grade, but you still want to be careful not to breathe it in.
I also used it with ants.

Miri1

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 10:30 pm
Give your kids showers, not baths.
Try to shower in the morning if possible.

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 11:45 pm
amother [ Brunette ] wrote:
If they don't wash their hands with soap in school or keep putting hands into the mouth, you'll have a very hard time getting rid of it.

THIS.

When pinworms kept going around my daughters' school again and again, I pointed out to the principal that the children came in from the playground every day after playing in an uncovered sand box and went straight to eating lunch without washing their hands. I pointed out that raccoons and other wildlife use the sand box as a bathroom, and the pinworm eggs go from the animal feces into the sand, where it lodges under fingernails, etc. If the hands are not washed with soap, the children will ingest the eggs during lunch, and become infested. This is science.

The principal gave me a skeptical look and asked, "Do you really believe washing hands makes any difference?" And she refused to institute hand washing in the school! And the pinworms kept going around and around...

In fact, the school bathroom hand soap dispensers were always empty so the kids couldn't wash their hands if they wanted to! Even after going to the bathroom. I know all this from the open sand box to kids eating lunch without washing hands to no soap at all in the bathrooms because I used to volunteer in the school. I witnessed it all first hand.

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
THIS.

When pinworms kept going around my daughters' school again and again, I pointed out to the principal that the children came in from the playground every day after playing in an uncovered sand box and went straight to eating lunch without washing their hands. I pointed out that raccoons and other wildlife use the sand box as a bathroom, and the pinworm eggs go from the animal feces into the sand, where it lodges under fingernails, etc. If the hands are not washed with soap, the children will ingest the eggs during lunch, and become infested. This is science.

The principal gave me a skeptical look and asked, "Do you really believe washing hands makes any difference?" And she refused to institute hand washing in the school! And the pinworms kept going around and around...

In fact, the school bathroom hand soap dispensers were always empty so the kids couldn't wash their hands if they wanted to! Even after going to the bathroom. I know all this from the open sand box to kids eating lunch without washing hands to no soap at all in the bathrooms because I used to volunteer in the school. I witnessed it all first hand.

ARE YOU SERIOUS. That is horrifying and disgusting. Her response more than anything else. Omg.

kalsee

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 12:16 am
pumpkin seeds were helpful for us when eaten regularly

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 10:24 pm
Isn't it easier to give it as a drink. There are large bottles of pineapple juice available in the groceries. Every time they need a drink they can have some. It's that easy and I think would get more pineapple into their system then eating pineapple once a day

We don't drink juice regularly. Mostly on shabbos / yomtov and I dont want to get them used to drinking juice either. So for me giving them fresh (or canned - would that still be effective?) Is the next best option. They'll eat it till their tongues tickle..... LOL

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 11:05 pm
OP I’m in the same boat I have a 3 year old who’s infested.

I called my health food store who recommended ParaGaurd from Zahlers. It’s basically a concoction of herbs including garlic, pumpkin seeds etc.

I give it to my kids twice daily and it’s been a week so far with no complaints.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics