Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Optimum and fake promises... How do I handle this?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 10:30 pm
Ive been an Optimum customer for a while, but the last few months it has become unbearable with losing the internet every day multiple times, and then some days I didnt have internet the entire day.

I was told by an Optimum employee to call Optimum and put in for a refund for the times I had no internet, and being that its been especially bad from August I thought Id get a refund for the month of August.

A family member relies on the internet for work, and many other people depend on his work for their livelihoods and paying bills.

I just recently switched to Verizon Fios because it was too aggravating for my relative to lose the internet constantly.

Today when I called Optimum about a refund that an Optimum employee mentioned, and I explained the entire story with the multiple times they said my internet was fixed and it wasnt, the technician left and I had the same problem losing the internet again and again, the Optimum employee puts me on hold and then tells me I can get a refund of $3.00.

I kid you not!?!?!?...

How do I handle this quickly and easily?

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 10:34 pm
You handle this by switching to fios. Like I did.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 10:37 pm
I had the worst experience with fios. Kept losing internet. Switched to optimum and had no issues

doctorima

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 10:43 pm
If you paid your bill by credit card, dispute the charge.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 11:33 pm
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
You handle this by switching to fios. Like I did.

If you were told by an Optimum employee that you should insist on a refund, youd let it go?

amother [ Fuchsia ] wrote:
I had the worst experience with fios. Kept losing internet. Switched to optimum and had no issues

Thats a first. Everyone I spoke to said Fios is way better.

doctorima wrote:
If you paid your bill by credit card, dispute the charge.

I did not pay the bill by credit card.

Arent there effective consumer agencies that people go to?

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 11:47 pm
someone I know told me he complained to the FCC and the optimum corporate offices called him the next day and took care of the issues he was having

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 11:49 pm
I had a very annoying incident with Optimum as well. Too long to type but I didn't get anywhere, even after trying multiple times.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Sep 23 2020, 11:59 pm
https://fairshake.com/optimum/.....aint.

I just discovered this.

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:30 am
How much of a refund are you going to get already? At most the amount of one month’s bill. Less than $100, right? Is it really worth all the time and effort for that amount of money? Perhaps for you it is, I don’t know your finances.

If you feel that that would be “letting them get away with it” I would say the best revenge is switching to fios.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 8:53 am
amother [ Violet ] wrote:
How much of a refund are you going to get already? At most the amount of one month’s bill. Less than $100, right? Is it really worth all the time and effort for that amount of money? Perhaps for you it is, I don’t know your finances.

If you feel that that would be “letting them get away with it” I would say the best revenge is switching to fios.

I already switched to Fios.

And Im asking for at least a month refunded, thats three tongues for Y"T.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 9:02 am
OP what you should've really done is asked them before you switched - that way you have some leverage - because they want to keep you and often the retention department will try to make you happy. Now that you already left it's harder. I know how frustrating it is to deal with customer service, Optimum included. But that's just a note for the future.

It's true it's good money - but sometimes all that energy just isn't worth it.

Have you tried talking to a supervisor? When someone gets on the line, say "I'd like to speak to a supervisor" and when someone takes the line, ask them are you a supervisor? If that guy doesn't help you, you can try going up further.... and ask to speak to his supervisor.

My dh likes to say that in order to work at one of these phone or internet companies you have to take an IQ test and score lower than a certain number otherwise you don't qualify Wink

fleetwood

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 9:14 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
I had a very annoying incident with Optimum as well. Too long to type but I didn't get anywhere, even after trying multiple times.

Me too. We were promised a visa card for signing up and they found a way not to give it to us.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 9:48 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:

Have you tried talking to a supervisor? When someone gets on the line, say "I'd like to speak to a supervisor" and when someone takes the line, ask them are you a supervisor? If that guy doesn't help you, you can try going up further.... and ask to speak to his supervisor.

I did exactly that yesterday and I was told Id get a call from a supervisor within 24 hours. Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre.... Meantime I put in a complaint to the BBB
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics