Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Sofa trundle bed -- dual purpose

amother
OP

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 1:30 pm
I would appreciate your help, please:
I am looking for a couch that would be comfortable sitting on for my therapy clients, in my home office, but would also serve as a comfortable hi-riser pull out style twin beds for a couple staying over shabbos.

This is for a basement office /guest room, so while the room itself is spacious, the entry way is quite narrow, so assembly would have to take place at home (DH is handy and can put it together).

Is my only option to satisfy both requirements (comfortable as a sofa AND bed) is going to the Jewish furniture stores and spending $$$$s?

I am looking for an item that would be good quality and reasonably priced. It does not have to last me for 30 years, but it should not fall apart after a couple of months either.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be very grateful. Thanks!

amother
Violet

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:04 pm
Look in Ikea

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 4:07 pm
Unless your clients are all extremely tall, a trundle-bed combo that is also a couch will be too deep for shorter clients to sit comfortably. You'd need a lot of big pillows that they could pile up behind their backs. A narrower trundle bed combo would be more comfy for sitting but less comfy for your larger sleepover guests.

The one person I know who has exactly what you're talking about for exactly the same reason, got it in a frum store.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Sep 24 2020, 5:18 pm
I know someone who has the highriser/couch from the Jewish store. It looks like a couch but isn't particularly comfortable. I wouldn't reccomend it for clients to sit on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics