Home

A Watched Pot Never Boils
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Miscellaneous


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 1:35 pm
Ok, it’s not a pot. It’s my outdoor grill. I need to move it off the porch to make room for the sukka.
Problem is that the knob on the propane tank is broken so in order to detach it I need to empty the tank.
It’s been on for hours. It. Just. Won’t. Finish.
Banging head Banging head Banging head
Back to top

Iymnok




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 1:43 pm
Lay out some steaks. It should Finnish when they are almost rare.
Back to top

ChanieMommy




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 1:45 pm
Well that's what Heisenberg said: you change the conditions through observation...
See also: Schrödinger's cat!
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:04 pm



First thing that popped into my head.
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:22 pm
singleagain wrote:



First thing that popped into my head.

So that’s where my shaitel head disappeared to!
Back to top

Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:41 pm
Iymnok wrote:
Lay out some steaks. It should Finnish when they are almost rare.

Lol. I’ve been waiting for this to happen every time I did a BBQ dinner the last few weeks of the summer. This tank is the one I used the entire season so it seems to have the miraculous power of Saras dough.


Last edited by Genius on Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:44 pm
singleagain wrote:



First thing that popped into my head.

So this describes the pot to a tea, what about my stubborn propane bowl?!


Last edited by Genius on Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:47 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
So that’s where my shaitel head disappeared to!

You referring to the guy’s face out do I need to rewatch the clip to see how you solved the mystery?
Back to top

ExtraCredit




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:48 pm
Genius wrote:
You referring to the guy’s face out do I need to rewatch the clip to see how you solved the mystery?

Nope, I spotted my shaitel head in his closet. Look again.
His face looks like one too. Laugh
Back to top

malki2




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:49 pm
You could always drill a hole into the propane tank. . .
Back to top

Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 2:51 pm
malki2 wrote:
You could always drill a hole into the propane tank. . .

If I won’t get it to empty quickly enough the bachurim building my sukka will get that done. Hence this thread of desperation
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:13 pm
ExtraCredit wrote:
Nope, I spotted my shaitel head in his closet. Look again.
His face looks like one too. Laugh


Behind riker (in the red shirt) when he sits down. Just past his shoulder.
Back to top

Genius




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 3:26 pm
singleagain wrote:
Behind riker (in the red shirt) when he sits down. Just past his shoulder.

Found it!
Now I’m dead curious what in the world he’s researching (or wearing) that warrants a sheitel head
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:04 pm
Genius wrote:
Found it!
Now I’m dead curious what in the world he’s researching (or wearing) that warrants a sheitel head


Pretty sure that's a phrenology head... which for Data is equally confounding.
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:06 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Pretty sure that's a phrenology head... which for Data is equally confounding.


I thought it was just.... Set decorations. Like data saw ppl had art in they're quarters so he decided to put something in his
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:11 pm
singleagain wrote:
I thought it was just.... Set decorations. Like data saw ppl had art in they're quarters so he decided to put something in his


Right, him having decor at all is strange. Maybe it's really a program from the holodeck....
Back to top

ChanieMommy




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:13 pm
What happened to Dr. Spock?
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:13 pm
simcha2 wrote:
Right, him having decor at all is strange. Maybe it's really a program from the holodeck....


No that's definitely his quarters. But he wants to be human, so it makes sense he would emulate those he saw. If you haven't seen measure of a man it's awesome. There's a court case, is data man or machine
Back to top

singleagain




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:17 pm
ChanieMommy wrote:
What happened to Dr. Spock?


Benjamin McLane Spock was an American pediatrician whose book Baby and Child Care is one of the best-selling volumes in history. The book's premise to mothers is that "you know more than you think you do." Wikipedia
Born: May 2, 1903, New Haven, CT
Died: March 15, 1998, La Jolla, CA
Back to top

simcha2




 
 
 
 

Post  Thu, Sep 24 2020, 6:57 pm
singleagain wrote:
Benjamin McLane Spock was an American pediatrician whose book Baby and Child Care is one of the best-selling volumes in history. The book's premise to mothers is that "you know more than you think you do." Wikipedia
Born: May 2, 1903, New Haven, CT
Died: March 15, 1998, La Jolla, CA


Spock is from the original series. Data, Riker, PIcard are from The Next Generation. (My favorite of all of them).
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Miscellaneous

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Organizing pot lids 1 Today at 5:30 pm View last post
Kosher chicken pot pie
by amother
12 Yesterday at 10:08 pm View last post
Crock pot desserts
by jf
3 Thu, Nov 19 2020, 10:41 pm View last post
Extra Credit's 20 Quart Pot -
by crust
63 Thu, Nov 19 2020, 2:17 pm View last post
Insta Pot-where is best price
by amother
5 Tue, Nov 17 2020, 3:21 pm View last post