Home

Harry Potter Quiz
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >>
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games


View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Siriusly?




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 11:52 am
Crookshanks wrote:
Here's the hint, it's another question. Who says, and when, "We assert our inalienable right to party?"


Almost sure that’s from JKR’s Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists, not the original 7 books, so not everyone will recognise it...
Back to top

imanonymous




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:08 pm
Siriusly? wrote:
Almost sure that’s from JKR’s Short Stories from Hogwarts of Power, Politics and Pesky Poltergeists, not the original 7 books, so not everyone will recognise it...


I knew it didn't sound familiar.

Can we stick to canon, please?
Back to top

Siriusly?




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:13 pm
Sure! How much is a Knight Bus ticket, including a hot chocolate?
What other name are monkshood and wolfsbane known by?
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:18 pm
Siriusly? wrote:
Sure! How much is a Knight Bus ticket, including a hot chocolate?
What other name are monkshood and wolfsbane known by?

Aconite
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:19 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Aconite

Siriusly, the question was a response to your question about Jim McGuffin. The answer will help with the question...
Back to top

syrima




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:23 pm
Love this thread...trying to think of some more questions but not too hard:

1. Who does Peeves salute and when?
2. Who says to whom, "always the tone of surprise?"
3. Who smears blood on a doorway?
4. What is Tom Riddle doing the first time he is introduced?
5. What does Dumbledore say he sees in the Mirror of Erised?
6. What is Professor Trelawney's favorite drink?
7. What is a "fellytone?"
8. Who gave Fleur her wedding tiara?
9. How tall is Hagrid's half brother?

Feel free to only answer your favorite questions ...it's a joint effort!
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:25 pm
1. Fred and George when they leave
2. Hermione to Ron (and I believe Ron to Hermione in the 7th book?)
5. A pair of woollen socks
7. Telephone
8. Aunt Muriel
9. 16 feet
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:25 pm
Does Slughorn put blood on a doorway? I'm stuck thinking Pesach now...
Back to top

Siriusly?




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:31 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Siriusly, the question was a response to your question about Jim McGuffin. The answer will help with the question...


I got that, was just pointing out that not everyone will recognise that quote, so they shouldn’t drive themselves crazy trying to figure out where it is in the books - it isn’t.
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:32 pm
Got it. I can disclaimer every question I ask that it's all not canon. At this point I don't even know what is canon and what's not since I've read so much from JK Rowling. Do you not consider things she's said afterwards to be canon?
Back to top

Siriusly?




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:48 pm
It’s not canon, exactly... I read it, enjoy it, and most of the time accept her ‘next gen’ and historical info etc, and Fantastic Beasts, but the characters and events from the actual series will always be the original. (I say most of the time because I prefer to ignore the existence of Cursed Child and I like to forget that she’s decided Dumbledore is gay...)
For practical reasons, in this game, it’s easier to stick to quiz questions from the original series so that those who haven’t read all the extras can participate
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 12:51 pm
Siriusly? wrote:
It’s not canon, exactly... I read it, enjoy it, and most of the time accept her ‘next gen’ and historical info etc, and Fantastic Beasts, but the characters and events from the actual series will always be the original. (I say most of the time because I prefer to ignore the existence of Cursed Child and I like to forget that she’s decided Dumbledore is gay...)
For practical reasons, in this game, it’s easier to stick to quiz questions from the original series so that those who haven’t read all the extras can participate

That's really funny since I accept everything she's written except for Cursed Child and Dumbledore being gay. Cursed child is vaguely nauseating and I don't think she had anything woke in mind for Dumbledore when she started writing in the 90's. As for this game...I can never remember what's canon and what's not!
Back to top

Siriusly?




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 1:00 pm
Yup - a lot of people I know ignore the same two things Smile

Alright, I’m signing out till after Shabbos, will leave a few more initials to keep you busy:

5 people called A.D
2 people called S.P
2 people called L.B
Back to top

HH613




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 1:14 pm
What is canon? From from context I take it as books 1-7 but what does it mean?
Back to top

bananas4bananas




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 1:20 pm
Siriusly? wrote:
Yup - a lot of people I know ignore the same two things Smile

Alright, I’m signing out till after Shabbos, will leave a few more initials to keep you busy:

5 people called A.D
2 people called S.P
2 people called L.B


Ariana Dumbledore, Albus Dumbledore, Aberforth Dumbledore

Lavender Brown
Back to top

Crookshanks




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 1:38 pm
HH613 wrote:
What is canon? From from context I take it as books 1-7 but what does it mean?

Canon is a "collection or list of sacred books accepted as genuine."
For example, books 1-7 and the Fantastic Beasts videos are canon. There's a good video essay that explains what canon is in the HP world.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1U_x4ARhbw
Back to top

mishpacha1




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 2:19 pm
Siriusly? wrote:
Sure! How much is a Knight Bus ticket, including a hot chocolate?
What other name are monkshood and wolfsbane known by?


7 sickles I think...

Not sure the second one!
Back to top

seeker




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 4:22 pm
Crookshanks wrote:
Does Slughorn put blood on a doorway? I'm stuck thinking Pesach now...

No, just generally all around to make it look like his home was attacked. IIRC
Back to top

seeker




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 4:24 pm
Blood on doorway is in the cave? So, Dumbledore and RAB?
Back to top

seeker




 
 
 
 

Post  Fri, Sep 25 2020, 4:25 pm
This thread is making me realize how long it's been since I was immersed in this stuff and also how fuzzy things get when it's been long since I was immersed in it. I feel like there's a lesson in that...
Back to top
  Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  Last >> Recent Topics

Page 9 of 11 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> The Social Scene -> Games

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Harry Potter Frum Fanfiction: Yehuda (Anthony) Goldstein
by amother
308 Sun, Nov 08 2020, 5:04 pm View last post
Harry Potter mistakes
by amother
105 Fri, Nov 06 2020, 9:08 am View last post
If you could have ONE Harry Potter spell.......
by debsey
61 Tue, Sep 29 2020, 12:01 am View last post
How are dr: Chaim Gitelis, Harry Berkowitz, Alan Brickman?
by amother
4 Thu, Jul 16 2020, 4:16 pm View last post
Free Harry Potter audiobook download
by lk1234
4 Thu, Jun 25 2020, 7:17 am View last post