Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Is your city allowing Sukkot travelers in shul?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 5:13 am
Where I live in Chicago, anyone traveling from NY/NJ is not allowed in most of the larger synagogues until they quarantine for a minimum of 1 week. There are still a few shuls with no restrictions who will allow visitors, but many have already put out letters that they won't be allowing visitors from the east coast and a few other hotspot states in shul unless totally quarantined in our city for 7 days first.

amother
Pewter

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 7:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Where I live in Chicago, anyone traveling from NY/NJ is not allowed in most of the larger synagogues until they quarantine for a minimum of 1 week. There are still a few shuls with no restrictions who will allow visitors, but many have already put out letters that they won't be allowing visitors from the east coast and a few other hotspot states in shul unless totally quarantined in our city for 7 days first.

NY has a lower positivity rate than IL and many of the frum zip codes do as well (I.e. Williamsburg has 1.7% - that is not a hotspot). Shuls shouldn't have visitors regardles but why NY is being singled out is odd.

imasinger

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 7:35 am
At my OOT shul, after consultation with epidemiologists, everyone is anyways outside in a tent, wearing masks and seated 10 feet apart. You have to let the shul know regularly that you are coming, by making reservations, so as to avoid crowding.

The rav asked anyone expecting guests for YT to make reservations for them, so they can set up chairs for everyone properly.

Our state has rules about who has to quarantine on arrival, and everyone is expected to follow them.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Sep 27 2020, 7:47 am
Our oot shul is only at 10% capacity now. Anyone can come as long as they 1-sign up. And part of the sign up process is a questionnaire. 2- wear a mask the entire time. 3- stay in their designated seat. All of the seats are 6+ feet apart.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics